Can someone who has used this software, or who is familiar with it, please answer this question?

If I have IM+ for Skype (they have a new wifi vs just released) on my Bold 9700 and travel to Canada. Provided I have a wifi connection, if I place a call to a U.S. mobile number, what am I billed?

By the way, I'm on AT&T with the International roaming plan.

I guess what I'm asking is:

1) Most of the programs appear to let you initiate a call via wifi and then need to ring you back via your data plan (I think). If this is the case, am I going to be hit with data roaming charges from AT&T?

How do others call back to the U.S. from abroad?

Thanks
    02-02-10 04:49 PM
    I think you won't get charged since you are not using your minutes.
    02-02-10 08:27 PM
    CB Store has Skype app. that what I saw in other thread. Do a quick search to find.
    02-02-10 09:43 PM
    If you are using the new IM+ 4.0, then it will just use wifi on your Bold. It will work like a walkie-talkie (half-duplex: push side button to talk, release to listen). Talking Skype-to-Skype will be completely free and not use any minutes. If you are calling a phone number via Skype, it will all depend on your Skype plan.

If you are using any of the other Skype apps (i.e. iSkoot), or turn off wifi in 4.0, it will use a phone call to connect your BB to their network and use minutes (possibly international roaming as well).
    02-03-10 08:14 AM
    If you are using the new IM+ 4.0, then it will just use wifi on your Bold. It will work like a walkie-talkie (half-duplex: push side button to talk, release to listen). Talking Skype-to-Skype will be completely free and not use any minutes. If you are calling a phone number via Skype, it will all depend on your Skype plan...
    Where can I get I'm + 4.0 version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD