I just registered on the site and dl'd the app yesterday. I'm still kinda trying to figure out how everything works, but it seems like the app is set up very poorly, and this is disappointing, since I had been hoping to use it primarily on my phone.

So on the app, why can't I:

see my own updates on the status update page?

get actual notifications of new messages and stuff on the notifications page (all I get there is like a timeline of my recent actions)?

view my photo albums?

view my wall?

view anyone else's wall (I can write on people's walls, but it doesn't look like just viewing them is an option)?

view my inbox (I can send a message, but I can't view messages I've already received)?

Or can I do all of these things, and I just haven't figured out how yet?

It seems like the app isn't meant to be something that could be used as someone's primary means of using facebook, but simply something that's supposed to allow you to do a small handful of things on the site. Which is stupid. I'm really hoping that there's a way of doing all of these things and someone here can help me out, because I would like to be able to use facebook, but if the app is this incomplete and annoying, then I'm likely just going to abandon it.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
    06-20-09 01:39 PM
    Personally, I tried the app & didn't like it at all...

Try their mobile site (m.facebook.com from your BB browser)- it's what I do & will correct a lot of the issues you are having with the FB application.
    Last edited by bedlam454; 06-20-09 at 01:55 PM. Reason: adding URL for mobile site...
    06-20-09 01:51 PM
    You can view photo album only with the 1.6 version. For the thing that the app dont do, I go by the browser on the mobile site... The app is great for instant notice, photo viewing(1.6 only), status update, comment, you can also upload photo from you BB to Facebook...

look at this facebook group: CrackBerry Nation | Facebook
    06-20-09 01:52 PM
    So to do the things I listed above, I have to use the mobile site? What's up with that? Why isn't the fb app more complete, like the myspace app is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 03:08 PM
    You dont knew Facebook version 1.3! With 1.5 we were able to sync contact pictures with BB contacts list, same thing with events... 1.6 bring the pictures viewing.

To answer to your question: I dont know why Facebook for BB is so uncomplete... But like you see, it always updated... A little better every time... So for now I use 1.6 and I wait the next one to enjoy a little more!
    06-20-09 03:21 PM
    Ah yes. Crackbook for your Crackberry.
    06-20-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD