Hi,

I have looked everywhere but just can't seem to find a Instant Messaging Application for the Storm that is for free and actually works!

I tried Instango last night and it doesn't work what so ever... i'm assuming it's the beta version thats why.

Nimbuzz is yet to release one for the Storm.

Does anyone know of any good apps that allow Instant Messaging on the GTalk and AIM platforms Simultaneously?

Please Help!

Note: I wasn't sure where to post this - so Moderators please feel free to move it.
    Last edited by zrome; 06-05-09 at 02:38 PM.
    06-05-09 02:31 PM
    Yes i would like to know that to i use Instango on my storm and it doesn't work very well.
    06-06-09 05:56 AM
    Have you tried the 2.2.85 beta of instango?

http://get.instango.com/downloads/bl...7/instango.jad

works really well for me when i was running OS 75 and on 148 as well now too. i have tested both AIM and GTalk. i love how it fully integrates into the storm os...led indicator, messaging folder, tons of options, looks, etc. hopefully they will continue upgrades on it but who knows.
    06-06-09 06:30 AM
    Beejive has a long trial and works superb. But it will eat your battery by the time you had breakfast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 10:32 PM
    Is beejive ok now with the storm?

06-07-09 01:58 AM
    Yes it is but we are looking for a free IM app. Beejive cost money. I got the 2.2.85 beta of instango and it seems to be working ok.
    06-07-09 06:47 AM
    You might want to try ebuddy mobile messenger.
    eBuddy Mobile Messenger

I've never used it but I've heard its pretty good

06-07-09 08:44 AM
    my aim runs flawless
    06-07-09 08:44 AM
    Do u use ebuddy mobile messenger?
    06-07-09 08:47 AM
    Does ebuddy mobile messenger work for Storm?
    06-07-09 08:49 AM
    I have been trying to get it to work. So far no luck.

I just installed Instango and it's ugly looking.. set up isn't the easiest since it takes no passwords of mine.

I wish someone would make a good app that would work and be free.

Nimbuzz is what i'm looking forward to but it's not released yet.
    06-07-09 11:01 AM
    well with ebuddy i was about to get it to work when i used blackberry 8830 even though im using a storm it installed and i got to the sign in page.
    06-07-09 04:43 PM
    I have been on this same journey my friend. I would love a free AIM app that works well. The one that comes with the phone is pure unadulterated garbage. IM+ and Beejive are pretty damn good, but they cost. And yeah Beejive is a battery burner.
    06-07-09 04:53 PM
    Have you tried the 2.2.85 beta of instango?

http://get.instango.com/downloads/bl...7/instango.jad

works really well for me when i was running OS 75 and on 148 as well now too. i have tested both AIM and GTalk. i love how it fully integrates into the storm os...led indicator, messaging folder, tons of options, looks, etc. hopefully they will continue upgrades on it but who knows.

wow how did you find out about this? I've been using the old version for so long wondering what happened. on get.instango.com it still shows up at 4.1.63 or something. Thanks for the link I am happy I got the new version lol.
    06-08-09 12:48 AM
    Wow thanks for the link. I too was using the old version

06-08-09 01:54 AM
    Another thanks for the link. They should update their website with an easy link to that version.

This looks to be the best free option, hopefully they will update it soon for better integration with the Storm (it still acts as if it had a trackball and no landscape mode as far as I can see). I will probably come back to this once my 30 free days with Beejive ends.
    06-09-09 12:07 PM
    Has anyone had any problem changing the Instango theme from the default theme to the dark theme i like that one better. Because my doesn't want to change does any one have any ideas.
    06-23-09 01:06 PM
    Glad I could help y'all out with the link. I used to keep with the Instango Beta forums back when they were updating more frequently.

@zrome...surprised you think it's ugly. I think it looks great when you use the precision theme and it's all black background with blue lettering and stuff! Way better than the stock yellow/brown AIM app lol...man wish we could change the colors on that!
    06-23-09 02:54 PM
    Beejive now has Battery saver, and no more memory leaks. Its THE way to go.
    06-23-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD