I have Flycast and Slacker currently on my Storm. I've never had a problem with either. Does iheart radio blow these out of the water?

Which app is best?
    03-25-09 09:51 AM
    I have Flycast and Slacker currently on my Storm. I've never had a problem with either. Does iheart radio blow these out of the water?

Which app is best?
    i have a question for you.. is there a way we could get other country radio channels on slacker or anyother radio app? sorry not related to your thread.
    03-25-09 10:06 AM
    i have a question for you.. is there a way we could get other country radio channels on slacker or anyother radio app? sorry not related to your thread.
    If you can find the stream link you can sign up for moodio and stream thru browser and media player. I use this for various channels. Do a search for moodio and you will find some info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:12 AM

Which app is best?
    I am a big fan of slacker. Iheartradio is good too but still need some work. I like that Iheartradio has live radio too. For now I am using both.

03-25-09 10:14 AM
    I would be interested in this too

03-25-09 10:32 AM
    I didn't like Flycast at all. For me Moodio is a better solution with no wonky app to get in the way. I do have Iheartradio which I think will be a better app than Flycast but still may not be needed if Moodio suits your needs.

However, Slacker is currently better than all for music and comedy, IMHO. I just wish they had news and I'm sure some of you wish they had sports(I don't care).
    03-25-09 10:39 AM
    i used flycast when i first got the storm, havent really used it since i have upgraded all the beta os'

slacker + iheartradio = the best free music combo IMO

with slacker you get a good shuffle of artists you choose and with iheartradio u get live radio from all over + a lyric lookup which is nice!
    03-25-09 11:06 AM
    I currently have Slacker and Iheartradio. While I'm still testing out the latter (I'm not completely sold on it) I really like Slacker. I had Flycast for a while but when I upgraded to the latest version I noticed that if you want to look up information about an album or lyrics, it opens up the browser instead of just putting the information within the application. When it comes to Iheartradio I wish there were more radio station options

03-25-09 11:29 AM
    Slacker is the best for music. And if you want to listen to radio station, you can use moodio. It covers radio stations WORLDWIDE....talk about selection.
    03-25-09 11:31 AM
    i used to have flycast and hated it, it would drop signal when i had full signal, and wouldnt work with the blackberry headphones which was a pain in the ***. I just got iheart and love it, have my stations from ny and pittsburg and thats all i need, plus the lyrics lookup is really cool
    03-25-09 11:59 AM
    Flycast ate it pretty hard for me. Sporadic stream cut-outs, and slow initial setup of streams.

Slacker has been my standard for a while with excellent results. Great selection of music, smooth performance, very "Pandora" like.

iHeartradio also appears to have the performance and clean interface to make it a winner, the live content is nice, and the streaming quality has been exceptional for me so far. Even though it is a beta, I would run it over Flycast any day of the week. I am sure there are folks who love Flycast, it just isn't my favorite.
    03-25-09 12:07 PM
    I only use Flycast to listen to the local morning show here. Other than that, its an ugly app with a terrible GUI. Pretty functional though, ill give em that. It takes about 2 seconds if that, to tune my station.
    03-25-09 12:10 PM
    If you can find the stream link you can sign up for moodio and stream thru browser and media player. I use this for various channels. Do a search for moodio and you will find some info.

What is moodio?
    03-25-09 12:10 PM

Which app is best?
    I have tried them all and in my opinion think Slacker is the best. Go with whichever one fits your needs.
    03-25-09 12:18 PM
    Slacker for the cache and I use Nobex for the local live radio. Plus Nobex now has lyrics! And other stuff I haven't checked out yet...

03-25-09 12:57 PM
    None of them. The answer is Pandora...whenever they get it fixed for the Storm.
    03-25-09 12:58 PM
    Slacker and Moodio never worked well for me. I like Pandora and iheart. May try nobex next. Lots of positive threads with it.
    03-25-09 01:03 PM

Thanks .. i will try this one out.
    03-25-09 01:05 PM
    None of them. The answer is Pandora...whenever they get it fixed for the Storm.
    I forgot about Pandora! I tried it & it is nice, I just prefer Slacker. My battery seems to like it too! Lol

03-25-09 01:05 PM
    Flycast and Slacker play great on my device, but I really wanted the live radio choices. I have been trying Nobex for the past two days, but it takes forever to load up and then I get gaps in transmission all the time. Very frustrating.

I've also tried Moodio, which is only available through your browser if I am correct (?). I wish I could get Nobex to play as good as Slacker does.
    03-25-09 01:16 PM
    I have not tried the others but slacker is working for me well and does not drain my battery too much and I can multitask with no lag. I am on .75 !
    03-25-09 01:23 PM
    i have both but use slacker most often. i love the feature that allows you to music similar to artists you like. i heart is good for regular fm so if thats what your looking for use that, although im assuming that its because its still new they are missing a lot of radio stations i want to listen to. work on that i heart.
    03-25-09 01:35 PM
    does slacker work in canada??? if not does anyone one an app the would play radio stations for me here in vancouver
    03-25-09 02:00 PM
    does slacker work in canada??? if not does anyone one an app the would play radio stations for me here in vancouver
    I have tried Slacker, Moodio and Iheart. Not a big fan of slacker. Moodio's downfall is using the BB media player. Iheart for the Storm is Beta and has some glitches.

To me the Ultimate will be Pandora. I used to listen to it daily at work until they blocked the website. I have used Pandora on my wifes Curve it is nice because it ties back to your Pandora account and allows you to reject songs.
    03-25-09 02:35 PM
    Well I for one do enjoy Slacker the best... I like the fact that you can multi task without any lag time.
    Usually I hook up my phone to the aux connection on my radio and BAM! I have Slacker playing on my car speakers

I think I will try out iheart though... the live radio is very intriguing to me.
    03-25-09 03:54 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD