through my computer at home.. is there a way to keep notifications from sending to my storm? just seems redundant
    01-26-09 09:09 PM
    somewhere under settings (on the actual site from the pc) I believe there is a setting to disable notifications when logged on.
    01-26-09 09:16 PM
    im having the hardest time finding it. anyone know exactly where i can find this option?
    01-26-09 09:20 PM
    01-26-09 09:26 PM
    nono lol i dont think you understand. is there a way to keep notifications from being sent to my phone while im logged onto facebook from my pc? i didnt see anything at that link
    Last edited by backsidetailslide; 01-26-09 at 09:44 PM.
    01-26-09 09:28 PM
    pleassssssssee?
    01-26-09 09:59 PM
    i don't see any options/settings to know the difference, so i'm saying no.

sure wish there was though.
    01-26-09 10:11 PM
    There is a option in the FaceBook app that says "Leave email notification messages on mail server"; un-check that. Thats for your phone. But, since you said you are on your computer, like I said before but, probably that link won't work for you. You should go on facebook.com then click Settings, then Account Settings, then go to click Notifications and uncheck the ones you need and save.
    01-26-09 10:11 PM
    Hope these two pictures answer your question?
    01-26-09 10:14 PM
    im familiar with the options that let you select which notifications are sent. but im looking for an option that disables alll from being sent to my phone only when im logged on to facebook from my computer
    01-27-09 07:11 AM
    The answer is NO
    01-27-09 08:48 AM
    delete the Facebook app on your phone
    01-27-09 09:29 AM
    through my computer at home.. is there a way to keep notifications from sending to my storm? just seems redundant
    The FB app is pretty simple. It just takes any email associated with your facebook account and slaps it in the facebook app rather leaving it your email box. It will then give you a separate notification. So to answer your querstions, NO, there is no way to do what you're asking. The ap doesn't care if you're logged in or not. It's only using your received emails to supply you with notifications.

I have my FB app set up so there is no audible or vibrating alert. It's the LED only. that way I don't get interrupted with what I think are non-essential FB updates. I just check them out when i notice them and have time to mess around for a bit.

The drawback to the FB app is that I don't think there's a way to mark items as read without actually reading them. Which means you can't highlight a whole bunch of messages and mark them at one time.

Anyway, that's probably your best option for now till the FB update comes out.
    01-27-09 10:35 AM
    I have this problem. I get an e-mail notification and the notification in my Facebook App. I would rather just have the App receive the notifications. Does anyone know if I can turn the e-mail notification off and just use the Facebook App?
    01-27-09 11:24 AM
    I have this problem. I get an e-mail notification and the notification in my Facebook App. I would rather just have the App receive the notifications. Does anyone know if I can turn the e-mail notification off and just use the Facebook App?
    You get duplicate notifications??? that seems odd. I'd need to know more about your setup. Perhaps you're forwarding messages or something or you're getting a second message from somewhere.

Or they're not exact duplicates.

I do know that the facebook ap will only "grab" notifications for supported alerts... like wall posts, messages, photo comments, and the other things listed at the top when you're in the ap. Any additional apps, like superpoke or pretty much anything else, will not be "grabbed" by the ap and will just come through as a regular email.

If it's the latter, you can mimic my setup, where I have a dedicated facebook only email address. That way third-party facebook notifications won't clog up your main mailbox.

Let us know either way so it can help someone else out in the future who is having a similar problem.

The fix, if there is one, depends on which way this symptom is occuring for you

*** I just rea-read your post and realized you might mean you don't want the email to come up on your computer (I thought you meant your BB). If that's the case, the only fix that I know of would be to make a dedicated facebook email account and not setup a client for that account on your computer.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 01-27-09 at 01:34 PM.
    01-27-09 01:30 PM

Go into the FB app and then go to options. Make sure the "Leave email notification message on mail server" is unchecked.
    01-27-09 01:43 PM
    Is it really that difficult to delete notifications? what's it take, 2 pokes and a click?
    01-27-09 02:17 PM
    Is it really that difficult to delete notifications? what's it take, 2 pokes and a click?
    If you get a lot of notifications, your inbox can get pretty spammed up by 'em.
    01-29-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD