Hey everyone.

I just got a blackberry as I'm coming from iPhone. We use Google apps for our corporate email here. On the iPhone if I read a message on my computer, it shows it's read on the phone etc.

On the blackberry that doesn't work. I have email reconcile turned on and it's set up as an IMAP account. I receive mail on both right away, but whether I read it on my blackberry or computer, it doesn't update the other device. Not quite sure why but need to get it working as it's pretty annoying looking at my phone after an hour of work and having it show 30 new email messages when I've read and archived them all already on gmail.
    08-24-11 10:14 AM
    If you check an email on your phone then it will show as read on email account.
    If you mark a message as unread on your phone it will show up as unread on your email account.

If you check an email from your computer it WILL NOT show up as read on your phone.
    Same goes for marking a message as unread on your comp. it wont show up as unread on your comp.

Hope that answers your q.
    08-25-11 01:14 AM
    Yes and no. If I read a message on my phone it does NOT show up read on my computer, nothing happens. I have it set up as IMAP with email reconciliation turned on as well. There's absolutely no sync going on. I receive them both at the same time but nothing else.

That's weird that reading it on your computer doesn't show it as read on the phone, I thought Blackberry was supposed to be the king of mobile email? Even my iPhone does that and keeps them both in sync. Sort of disappointing!
    08-25-11 08:13 AM

That's weird that reading it on your computer doesn't show it as read on the phone, I thought Blackberry was supposed to be the king of mobile email? Even my iPhone does that and keeps them both in sync. Sort of disappointing!
    +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 09:05 AM
    Yes and no. If I read a message on my phone it does NOT show up read on my computer, nothing happens. I have it set up as IMAP with email reconciliation turned on as well. There's absolutely no sync going on. I receive them both at the same time but nothing else.

Just wait for the throng of fanboys coming in telling you they know you better than you do yourself; that you're wrong; that you don't deserve a BB and should go to iPhone or Android for your fart apps.
    08-25-11 09:20 AM
    Lol oh no! I do have an iPhone lol switched providers and they gave me a Curve 3G for free and because I set it up for Blackberry I can swap the sim between my iPhone 4 and Curve. So been doing that a few days now. Always used to have a blackberry for years until the iPhone came out in Canada. I'm just surprised it doesn't keep them in sync is all, that red light is flashing non stop! If reading it on my phone marks it read on Google then that's at least not terrible but its not doing that either which is weird...
    08-25-11 09:31 AM
    Just wait for the throng of fanboys coming in telling you they know you better than you do yourself; that you're wrong; that you don't deserve a BB and should go to iPhone or Android for your fart apps.
    LOL.

I think we, as human beings, unconsciously allow technology to shape our views, instead of the other way around.

When I first changed to Android, for instance, I just had to find a unified mailbox. Why? That's how I did it on BB, and that was the "right" way. It took me a while to figure out that even though I could replicate it, it wasn't the best way for me.

Oh yeah: I love IMAP!
    08-25-11 09:38 AM
    It does when I use my blackberry mail

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    08-25-11 10:04 AM
    I had it set up as an "Other" account as a guide said to do that. I deleted it and set it up as Gmail. The guides online said don't set it up as Gmail but either way now if I read it on the phone it marks it read on the computer which is at least half good!
    08-25-11 10:38 AM
    Hey everyone. I signed up with Exchangemymail.com it's $9.99 a month and integrates with Google apps. It's basically like hosted BES. They had me set up in just 30 minutes and now my mail is amazing, I can search on my phone for mail that was archived a year ago and it finds it right away, so it's much better.
    08-30-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD