I'm having problems with the 8330 facebook app. I'm thinking of uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If I do that, does my Facebook account itself get deleted? And when I reinstall it on my BB and then sign back in with my facebook account, will all my friends automatically be on the app, or do I have to add them all back on individually?

Thank you so much!!!
    05-23-09 02:10 PM
    No, you're fine, go ahead and do the delete and re-install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 02:12 PM
    Keep an eye out next Thursday at 5: 00 for Facebook 1.6 also.

05-23-09 02:13 PM
    What are the issues you're having with FB?
    05-23-09 02:40 PM
    Thanks for the info! One of my friends isn't showing up on my friend list. I've tried deleting him, re-adding him, having him delete me, me re-adding him, etc. When I click on his friend request (which does come to me), it says "This friend request is not available." However, I can add him and view him just fine on my computer. I did uninstall it, reinstall it, have my service books resent, battery pull, etc., but he's still NOT there. Any ideas?
    05-23-09 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the info! One of my friends isn't showing up on my friend list. I've tried deleting him, re-adding him, having him delete me, me re-adding him, etc. When I click on his friend request (which does come to me), it says "This friend request is not available." However, I can add him and view him just fine on my computer. I did uninstall it, reinstall it, have my service books resent, battery pull, etc., but he's still NOT there. Any ideas?
    It may means that one of you may have inadvertantly blocked. Check your allow settings.

05-23-09 07:56 PM
    How do I delete and reinstall Facebook? I know, stupid question, but I'm lazy and lack the time to search through all this stuff.
    06-18-09 11:42 PM

it happend with me once via some other phone its not an issue with your phone or anything probably something to do with facebook it self. This is what i did, i removed the friend and the other friend removed me too , I added the other friend and he accepted my request and we were fine again This happens when you delete a friend from your WAP browser.

Let me know if this helps
    06-19-09 12:05 AM
    Generally speaking if data is stored off the device on a server somewhere then deleting the app on your device will not impact that. If data is stored on the device relating to that app and you delete it, well then you lose the data.

Not 100% sure with Facebook, but I'm pretty sure all your friends and data, etc. is stored on a server. The app itself acts merely as a gateway to access and login to the server and to update and manipulate the information.
    06-19-09 12:09 AM
    and yes talking about ur friends ,deleting your facebook wont affect them , delete your aaplication as many times you want it wont affect your friends list or status or anything
    06-19-09 12:12 AM
    the only wait to delete friends on Facebook, is to log into the website and specifically click on a friend in the friends list and hit delete.
    06-19-09 01:50 AM
    I have been having trouble with my Facebook. If I delete it and reinstall it will I lose all my contacts and information?
    11-24-14 12:37 PM
    I have been having trouble with my Facebook. If I delete it and reinstall it will I lose all my contacts and information?
    Hi Jackie,
    I'm hoping you received an answer to your question.
    If not, you can delete the Facebook app from your phone with out deleting your Facebook account.
    Facebook has a computer called a server at their office which holds all your Facebook information.

When you delete the Facebook application from your phone, all you're doing is erasing a quick link to that server. Your account is still safe. But on your phone there is no established connection.

So to answer your question, you can delete the application on your phone without losing your contacts and information.

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    Last edited by cdnynot; 12-11-14 at 01:19 AM.
    12-05-14 09:38 AM
    Have reinstalled FB on IPad and cannot find any history. How do i retrieve/
    01-22-15 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD