Im thinking about switching from my 8520 to the 9700 ( sorry guys )
    But I've bought quite a few apps and I noticed I can't refund them or anything..
    So if I switch bbs, will my apps change over as well?
    07-10-10 09:37 AM
    It depends on the developer of each individual application if the allow transfer to a new device. The device switch wizard will transfer what it can, you may need to get a new key since they are usually generated based on the PIN.
    There are some applications that have a "user license" and a "device license". The device license is usually less expensive, but cannot be transferred. In a nutshell, you may be out some $ for some apps, and others may just be an inconvenience getting new keys, and others will just work.
    07-10-10 09:57 AM
    If you got them in the CB store (or any other Mobihand store), you'll be able to get new codes for all your apps. I don't know of any apps that run on the 8520 and don't run or don't have a version for the 9700.

If you got them via appworld, all you gotta do is log to yor My World and it will show the apps ou bought, and you'll be able to downlod them all again.

Apps you got on other places (usually) require an email to the devs requesting new activation codes, specially if the activation code is PIN-generated.

The device switch wizard, like ratsttam mentioned, will do most of the work, but since there are resolution differences and some other stuff in the way, might not get the apps there. Or it might, and they won't really ork since they were not built for the 9700.

Oh, btw. Betrayer!!
    Chill, nobody ever keeps one single device. I had both a 8310 and a 8520 and already have plans for a 6.0 enabled device. ^^
    07-10-10 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD