Iconify Update to v1.6.0.5
    ... I just would like to share with you the news that over the past few days I added some major enhancements to my good old Iconify app...

1'st of all a new IconifyLink Type have been created - the ApplicationLinks - even if this might be not very interesting for OS6 owners with the additional two new features this can become very handy.

A) Integration into the Global BlackBerryMenu - select which of your IconifyLinks should be also directly be available from the BlackBerry Menu - this makes an launching an app, call a friend, launch a Webside or SMS a buddy instantly available from everywhere...

B) Possibility to specify a HomeScreen hotkey [number of available chars is limited]

The full changelog (incl. the OTA update link) can be found at my website

Also Iconify is currently on SALE - and you can get the 50 Link Version (which can be extended for free even to 100Links) for just 1.99 - or the 15 Link Version for just 0.99 at the crackberry app store.
    07-19-11 01:04 PM
    Tks for the update Matthias

Good Luck
    07-19-11 07:57 PM
    Matthias,
    would it be possible to add cut-and-paste to the text input boxes (like for pasting in a long URL, rather than having to type it)?

Gruss,
    Joachim
    07-19-11 08:00 PM
    Matthias,
    would it be possible to add cut-and-paste to the text input boxes (like for pasting in a long URL, rather than having to type it)?

Gruss,
    Joachim
    07-19-11 08:01 PM
    Of course Joachim I can add this in the next build - but just cause I am curious, when you create a IconifyLink directly from the BlackBerry Browser there should be no need to type any URL (so then the current URL should be taken automatically) - does this not happen on your device?
    07-19-11 11:49 PM
    Hi Matthias,
    yes of course, for most websites there is no need to edit the link since Iconify picks it up directly, but every now and then I'm on a web site that is a redirect from another, and simply using the final URL doesn't always get you to that site. I'm not sure I explained that too well ...
    07-21-11 10:49 AM
    of course I understand - looks like a new build is required that supports the BB-Menu for the Edit/Setup dialog... :-)
    07-21-11 11:49 AM
    Matthias,

In future updates, could it be possible to use a website favicons regardless of its format when creating a link to that site?

I know in the past you indicated you were limited in which formatted favicons could be used.

TIA
    07-21-11 07:50 PM
    I am not sure if you are aware that there is a setting in the app 'Use alternative method to get HTML-Infos (Title & Favicon)' - for some sites the "one" option is working for other sites it's the other way round... -> but in general my old statement, that when the site "only" haves a Windows ICO file then I haven't managed to write a "reader" for this format - too bad that RIM does not make the API's that can actually read ICO files (the native browser does) available to the public :-|

Nevertheless I hope the new enhancements are useful for you

Matthias
    07-21-11 10:53 PM
    I am not sure if you are aware that there is a setting in the app 'Use alternative method to get HTML-Infos (Title & Favicon)' - for some sites the "one" option is working for other sites it's the other way round... -> but in general my old statement, that when the site "only" haves a Windows ICO file then I haven't managed to write a "reader" for this format - too bad that RIM does not make the API's that can actually read ICO files (the native browser does) available to the public :-|

Nevertheless I hope the new enhancements are useful for you

Matthias
    Matthias,

I do have that setting checked off.
    Some of the sites' favicons are downloaded while others use the generic one.
    Anyway, thanks for you app.

Good Luck
    07-21-11 11:25 PM
    Wait, is there a new beta?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-22-11 02:05 AM
    we have passed BETA-Stage for quite a long time ;-) - it's just the the forum subject can't be edited [...] but yes a new Version have been released this week -> and you still can win your 50 link copy @ crackberry...
    07-22-11 07:57 AM
    we have passed BETA-Stage for quite a long time ;-) - it's just the the forum subject can't be edited [...] but yes a new Version have been released this week -> and you still can win your 50 link copy @ crackberry...
    Lol yeah I was in the original beta
    I saw the CrackBerry post, entered that (y)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 11:39 AM
    I have tried this app and I really liked it when it worked for one day! I have recently won a copy from crackberry.com!!! The problem that I have mentioned before is....After I created the link (yes, all permissions are set to allow :-)) I get a message.."This contact associated with this iconify Link does not exist any longer"! I have also tried to edit the links by re linking them to my address book.
    Last edited by aming63; 07-27-11 at 02:28 AM.
    07-27-11 02:26 AM
    Ok - let's discuss your issue at a single place -> forum.emacberry.com • View topic - sms links? for 9700 bold [I assume that 'aming63' at crackberry will be the same person as 'aming63' at emacberry - right?]
    07-27-11 04:19 AM
    Ok - let's discuss your issue at a single place -> forum.emacberry.com • View topic - sms links? for 9700 bold [I assume that 'aming63' at crackberry will be the same person as 'aming63' at emacberry - right?]
    I did go to the emacberry.com forum, my last post was June 28th...with no response And I just posted there again yesterday hoping to figure this app out :-) Yes, I am the same aming63 here as I am at emacberry.

thanks,
    Arlene
    Last edited by aming63; 07-27-11 at 05:52 AM.
    07-27-11 05:47 AM
    Please be so kind and give me few moments to prepare a qualified reply... [actually it should be there in the meantime...]
    07-27-11 05:54 AM
    Nice App
    07-31-11 12:20 AM
193 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD