View Poll Results: Which Call / SMS Filter do you use ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • PrivacyManager Call Block Call Reject and SPAM control $15.99

0 0%
  • Antair Spam Filter $49.99

0 0%
  • SmartAlerts - Filtered Alerts for E-Mail SMS Calendar Missed Calls $4.99

1 10.00%
  • Call Blocker Pro $2.99

1 10.00%
  • Don't use an app, manage this with BlackBerry's Firewall $0.00

8 80.00%
    Hello Blackberry users -

My first post in the Crackberry forums, I come from 2 years of iPhone. Already sold the iPhone and will be getting the Bold 9700 (AT&T) on it's release date.

One of my favorite apps for iPhone was iBlacklist, a call/SMS/MMS filtering application that worked flawlessly. Hated leaving this app behind, but not enough to do it and get the 9700.

I've seen a variety of call/SMS blocking apps here on Crackberry and also in the BB App Store. Wanted to get BB users feedback on their filtering software and which one functions the best for them.

Please vote and leave comments on your favorite and why. If the filter you use is not in the poll please leave a note with the one you use and the reasons you use it.

Thanks to all.
    Last edited by billrWDW; 11-08-09 at 06:03 PM.
    11-08-09 04:50 PM
    Also had the Iphone, also had iBlacklist. Spend a full year searching for an alternative. Yesterday I found the great app : BlackBook. There is a topic on it in this forum.

LOL couldn't post a link bc of forum limitations. Just do a search on "sms filter".
    If you read this carefully and are a little bit smart you'll be able to make this thing work.

Yea... right ... on a BlackBerry these apps were not possible untill now. Sounds pretty stupid but hey, they have the best phones but apps-wise they still have a long way to go .

Greetings,
    11-25-09 08:07 PM
    I have to admit, I don't use an app, or block anything/anyone. Why would you block anyone? other than a crazy ex of course...
    11-25-09 08:21 PM
    hey i just downloaded the blackbook app and did as instructed, but the calls and texts from my blacklist contacts are still coming through. Is it something that i am doin wrong ?
    12-13-09 09:33 PM
    I don't block anything on my end, but then I don't get spam emails, unwanted txt or unwanted calls on my cell phone. I think this is because the only people that have my cell phone number (which I have had for several years now), are people I want to have it.

So far my BB and my first ISP email address do not get spam (knocking on my head for good luck). If I want to see spam, I log on to one of my Hotmail or Yahoo mail throw away accounts.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 12-13-09 at 10:20 PM.
    12-13-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD