I want Sky Fire mobile browser for my Bold 9700, where can I download the beta???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 09:42 PM
    i thought sky fire stopped their development on an app for blackberry long time ago. who knows if they got over it and started the production again. i just don't see sky fire being made available for blackberry very soon.
    03-02-10 10:17 PM
    I dont think there is one, the last article I found about skyfire on BB was from April, 2009.
    03-02-10 10:19 PM
    I dont think there is one, the last article I found about skyfire on BB was from April, 2009.
    Some time in July 2009 it was released to Private Beta is all I know and one focus was Bold, I guess I'll email Sky Fire direct.

03-03-10 06:05 AM
    SkyFire is spyware, read their EULA. They can stick it, AFAIAC.

Opera works great for me.
    03-03-10 07:19 AM
    I want Sky Fire mobile browser for my Bold 9700, where can I download the beta???

I found this on SkyFire site,

Skyfire Burns Through The Beta Tag, Coming Soon For BlackBerry
    03-03-10 07:43 AM
    that was posted on May 27, 2009

and they stopped looking into post may 27, 2009...

i don't think it's coming.
    03-03-10 08:58 AM
    The last beta version was released back in August I think. I cannot remember exactly. On the private beta board for skyfire, the last response from them was around the first of the year saying that they had no news to share on the progress and that the program, for lack of better words, had been halted. The app definitely had some potential, streaming video with in the browser was definitely one of them. However, there was a lot of bugs and usability and speed were very poor... And as of now, I think they have shut down or dramatically restricted their BB servers because I cannot get any of the beta versions to conenct.

Unless there are some dramatic changes when the next version comes out/if it comes out, I wouldn't keep your hopes up. At this point, all three functioning browsers work much better, those being the native browser, opera 5 beta 2 and bolt 1.7.
    03-03-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD