Hey everyone, I tried to download the free trial of XM radio and it work at first but stopped when I wasn't at home. When I called XM they said I needed to be on the WIFI for it to work, which to me defeats the purpose of having a blackberry app for XM.

So I am hoping you guys and gals out there might have some suggestions and info on what you suggest like how many stations and how much data is used and such stuff.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    06-10-10 02:54 PM
    Try Pandora and Slacker Radio. Or also iheartradio which broadcasts regular radio stations from around the country. Pandora and Slacker are based of the music genre you want to listen to and it tries to match it. Not sure how much data they use but I would certainly only use them with a very big or unlimited plan.
    06-10-10 02:56 PM
    Hey everyone, I tried to download the free trial of XM radio and it work at first but stopped when I wasn't at home. When I called XM they said I needed to be on the WIFI for it to work, which to me defeats the purpose of having a blackberry app for XM.

So I am hoping you guys and gals out there might have some suggestions and info on what you suggest like how many stations and how much data is used and such stuff.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Try a battery pull and try XM again. I've been streaming XM for 3 months now and I stream on 3G and WiFi without any issues. I have no clue with customer support would say it only works on WiFi- that complete BS.
    06-10-10 03:09 PM
    download the actual sirius xm app from sirius.com/blackberry, not the one that comes preloaded on your phone. I've been using it ever since it came out and it works perfect on wifi and 3g. it is a 7 day trial then you have to pay for it but if you're already an internet subscriber its free.

if you're looking for free, try pandora or slacker.
    06-10-10 03:23 PM
    I have downloading the Sirus bb app and it keeps saying data connection lost, same problem I was having with XM, I tried the battery pull and still nothing. I am in canada, on the rogers network, any other thoughts
    06-10-10 04:06 PM
    06-10-10 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD