i have been using the native bb browser and i think it's great! However i downloaded opera mini because i was going to play around on it in the future. It really is great for bigger web pages that my bb browser won't load!

i'm selling something on ebay and a bidder sent me a question. i clicked on the link to answer the question but the bb browser took forever to try and open the page and eventually said the page could not load. So i tried to load the same thing on om and it worked like a charm!

Then i decided to check out how om would handle orbitz.com, as the bb browser couldn't. It worked great again!

i'm pretty impressed with how om formats pages. Though i think the native bb browser does a good job on most non graphic (or what have you) web pages. Om is a good back up!

Just wanted to share my experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 05:41 PM
    Opera has been great to me. There has only been one site in which I couldn't get onto and that wasn't for me, it was for my ex.
    08-10-08 09:38 PM
    Is it secure though? I want to pay bills online with it.

Thanks,
    If anyone can instant message me on yahoo and let me know. Or here.
    Daculadawg1@yahoo
    Lindaga35
    08-10-08 10:06 PM
    Most of my browsing is done via the native BB Web Browser... however I love OM for it's ability go log into my online banking, which BB Web Browser won't do.
    08-11-08 02:57 AM
    Once 4.5 dropped I got rid of opera mini in a matter of seconds.
    Same here. I have had exactly ZERO problems with the BB Browser in OS 4.5.
    08-11-08 06:38 AM
    Been there and done that!! It was removed from my berry the first day smoking!!!!!!!!!
    08-11-08 07:01 AM
    I use OM for eshopping and viewing/paying my visa statements. I find it handles webpages better than the OS 4.5 browser imo.

08-11-08 07:38 AM
    What's om?

Lindaga35

08-11-08 10:42 AM
    Opera Mini, a browser that formats web sites in a mobile friendly way. You can download om onto your blackberry and use it instead of the bb browser or as a back up. i use it for grapic intense sites like orbitz. Give it a try! You can always delete it if you don't like it!

08-11-08 10:50 AM
    opera could be better.
    08-11-08 11:53 AM
    Anyone having the issue where when you click on any link in OM it simply refreshes the page? Sometimes it can take up to 5 clicks to finally work. I've noticed it doesn't matter if the page is fully loaded or not, and this whole thing started when I installed the new version of OM, where can I find the old one?

08-13-08 10:31 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD