Orange are refusing me roaming until three months have passed on my contract so they can "review" it or some such rubbish. Anyway, I need other means of being able to talk to my gf while I'm abroad. Since I won't have any voice access, only WiFi while I'm at my friend's house, are there any options for VoIP using my Bold on WiFi?

If not, I'll just have to use a clunky laptop and install Skype - I'll have it with me anyway - but it's hardly convenient

Cheers for any help.
    10-15-08 04:54 AM
    Do a google search for iskoot, works well. (not sure if they have a bold install yet though)
    10-15-08 06:11 AM
    iskoot doent use VoIP,it uses outbound carrier minutes and therefore isnt useful when roaming ...

I have also been searching for a solution, apparently Fring (which is the best VoIP app IMO) cannot be created for the Blackberries, not sure why though ...

I'm also surprised that Google havent updated google talk to work with voice over 3G and Wifi on the Bold...
    10-15-08 06:15 AM
    Thanks both. yeh, iskoot was on my list but as I need a voice connection, it's useless
    10-15-08 12:32 PM
    This will be a dealbreaker for me.
    10-15-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD