What is the deal with speech? Is there a trick to it? I tried saying my wifes name along with "text" so i could start texting her by speech. I couldn't get anything done. I was simply trying to figure out how to send texts by saying the text.

And g mobile app. What is the deal with it? its also asking for me to use speech.

There must be something I'm doing wrong.
    07-26-09 02:21 PM
    Does your wife also have a BB? If she does not, only the paid Vlingo will allow texting to a non-BB phone UNLESS you have the older beta which last I knew was available in a thread here on CB. Also, I use the phrase..."send message to whoever" to start a text with Vlingo. Not sure if you have to do it that way or not.
    07-26-09 02:30 PM
    Nope Im gonna get her the tour when sprint releases it. I'll have to look for that version on here since you say its here.
    thanks
    07-26-09 02:39 PM
    You can also say "text <name> <message text>" to start a text message (instead of "<name> text")
    07-31-09 04:34 PM
    I successfully use both these programs on my 8310. Vlingo instructions say to first speak what you wanna do, then who (as they appear listed in your contacts). Doesn't matter what device the receiver has or plan or anything. As long as they're in your contacts. Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD