I just simply deleted weatherbug. My phone got immediately got faster after deleting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 10:51 AM
    well yeah it's a huge memory leak program
    04-17-09 10:56 AM
    I just simply deleted weatherbug. My phone got immediately got faster after deleting.

Deleting unnecessary applications will definitely increase your app memory. I start at 52.4 each day and usually go to bed with about 42, I use quickpull.
    04-17-09 10:57 AM
    I have way too many apps that I atually use to get rid of but so many (Weatherbug is one of em). But I have started getting rid of little ridiculous apps that just made no sense. lol. Starting to delete a few games too.

Been stugglin with getting rid of "PhonyFart" tho. For some reason I just feel like its gonna come in handy one day. hahaha . I'll probably sleep on it.
    04-17-09 11:07 AM
    Is phonyfart an essential app?
    04-17-09 11:12 AM
    Weartherbug definitely stinks in that regard. I'm amazed at how many people say they have "no problems" with it.
    04-17-09 11:18 AM
    Weartherbug definitely stinks in that regard. I'm amazed at how many people say they have "no problems" with it.
    That can be the case with any intensive app. Some people have nothing but problems and for others, it's flawless.
    04-17-09 11:25 AM
    Is phonyfart an essential app?
    Haha. It would be nice to have it onhand, just incase a little prank is in order. lol. I REALLY want to delete it. But I just keep thinking about how much I could make my 4 year old niece laugh with it whenever I visit home on weekends. lol. Thats whats holding me back.
    04-17-09 11:28 AM
    Haha. It would be nice to have it onhand, just incase a little prank is in order. lol. I REALLY want to delete it. But I just keep thinking about how much I could make my 4 year old niece laugh with it whenever I visit home on weekends. lol. Thats whats holding me back.

LMAO! Based on your own words, it's not essential. Get rid of it. You can find something entertaining for your niece. Besides, she's 4- they can be entertained if you trip over your own feet.
    04-17-09 11:35 AM
    I love WeatherBug but at the same time I know how much it drains the memory...plus I think that there are tons of people out there that just won't admit to the leak...WeatherBug denial I guess

I unchecked the AccAcc in the Log options and deleted the Log (/"/") and gained 4Mb or so
    04-17-09 11:35 AM
    Im fine with running 40mb of memory at start up. I run some programs, like weatherbug, that don't allow to get the "most" out of my phone but having a blackberry with nothing on it isn't that much fun either.
    04-17-09 11:36 AM

LMAO! Based on your own words, it's not essential. Get rid of it. You can find something entertaining for your niece. Besides, she's 4- they can be entertained if you trip over your own feet.
    haha. you said it man. true indeed. IM CONVINCED...thanks for the much needed push. haha.
    04-17-09 11:39 AM
    I have a quick question, how is everybody starting with 50 mb of app memory at the beginning of the day even after a battery pull the most i get is around 37 mb. thanks for your help.
    04-17-09 11:42 AM
    I have a quick question, how is everybody starting with 50 mb of app memory at the beginning of the day even after a battery pull the most i get is around 37 mb. thanks for your help.
    It all depends on what apps you have installed; some has more than others.
    04-17-09 11:45 AM
    Yeah, I can't understand it either. I start with 39mb and within a few hours I'm down to 20mb and it slowly decreases after that. I have removed all unnecessary apps, and I don't really have all that much on my phone now.

Just <<enso || levitation>>, maratick, AOLIM, Buzzme, app world, helicopter, facebook, logmaid, meterberry, slacker, aerize optimizer, vymail.

Does anyone know if any of these programs cause memory leakage? It's unbelievable, I look at meterberry's log and every hour I consistently lose 2mb give or take a meg.
    04-17-09 11:47 AM
    haha. you said it man. true indeed. IM CONVINCED...thanks for the much needed push. haha.
    Man? Not me.
    I am a woman; we don't convince- we just use logic.
    04-17-09 11:48 AM
    i have facebook myspace and twitterberry, all which i never leave running in the background other than that, the apps i have are what came on the phone
    04-17-09 11:49 AM
    I use accuweather instead of weatherbug. It doesn't push current temp, but its a click away. The icon gives you hi/lo temp and a graphic and it doesn't eat memory..oh and its free.

04-17-09 11:52 AM

I decided to try what you did.

I deleted Weather Bug (storm version), and installed weather eye from BB app world and my memory went from 23.2 to 36.7

Weather eye works similar to weather bug, and displays temp on homescreen icon, plus my phone is running a little faster.
    04-17-09 12:02 PM
    Man? Not me.
    I am a woman; we don't convince- we just use logic.
    haha. ok. you win. And for the record...Phoneyfart is adios
    04-17-09 12:06 PM
    I don't see the point to weatherbug. I don't think most people know you can bookmark their page powered by weatherbug like this

Bethlehem, GA mobile weather, powered by WeatherBug

And have all the features except temp on the main screen. I used to miss the weatherbug when I just had the normal weather.com bookmarked but not since I found this.

04-17-09 12:22 PM
    WOWZA...how are you guys getting 40 or even 50 MB's free?

I start at 34MB and by the end of the day it's like 12 or something.

I don't have weather bug, instead I use the weather network app. I find it so much better.

I don't have many apps, just the default stuff plus the following...

1-Bloomberg
    2-The weather channel (Weather Eye Touch)
    3-The Hockey News
    4-BB App world (which doesn't work when you are on BES...discovered after the fact)

That's basically it.
    Running .122, on BES and that's that.

Thanks
    04-17-09 01:32 PM
    Well, yeah, we could all delete apps that drain the memory, but I wouldn't want to be without Weatherbug and Viigo...What's the point in having a BB unless you have all the fun stuff on it??
    04-17-09 01:47 PM
    What I don't understand is why RIM isn't doing something about the minimal amount of memory available for apps.

They have pushed an app store on us with hundreds of apps. Too bad that even if I want a lot of them I can't have them because I don't have enough memory!

It isn't fair. I want to spend my mony on lots of apps, but I can't have them.

Please fix this.
    04-17-09 02:06 PM
    I am running .122 (since yesterday), on BES and at startup i have 54.5 MB free and after close to 18 hours I have 46 MB free.

Here is what I did:

Took a backup of my messages only (since I am on BES, it restored all my settings, logs after activation) via the Desktop Manager.

i) After downloading and installing the .122 exe, I followed the instructions in

h**p://forums.crackberry.com/f135/newb-guide-1-using-crackmem-gain-app-memory-142376/

(Replace ** with tt)

Basically, I deleted all unwanted programs using CrackMem as shown in the post.

ii) Used jl_cmder to wipe the device

iii) Used app loader to load the OS. Here I made sure only the following were installed (this is my preference and yours might vary):

a. BB Core App
    b. BB System Software
    c. BB Attachment Service
    d. BB Maps
    e. BB Messenger
    f. Browser
    g. Email Setup App
    h. Memopad
    i. Phone

iv) After loading the OS, the phone was activated automatically via BES.

v) Resent the service books for my gmail account

vi) Went to options-> Mobile Network and ran the Diagnostics test and deleted the report

vii) Disabled the event log

viii) Downloaded Quickpull and restarted the phone. Started off with 54.5 MB last night and i am still hovering over at 49-52 MB all day after receiving messages, browser.

I have the phone, home screen, browser, Messages and BB Messenger running. Backlight Brightness is set to 30 and timeout to 30 sec.

Touchscreen settings are 500, 1000 and 6 and am loving typing on the portrait keyboard and it is responsive with minimum to no lag.

So far the only app that I might be interested in downloading is the Slacker but I might give the phone a few more days just to make sure it is stable and install it.
    04-17-09 02:48 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD