Can anyone tell me how to erase a third party app? I went into options and erased it and the message said to restart my phone and it would be erased. It's still there and there is no listing in apps for it. Help!!!!!!
    03-17-09 09:15 AM
    What is the name of the app?
    03-17-09 09:16 AM
    What app is it, some are service books sent by carrier, therefore cannot be permantly erased, just hide the icon if thats it... myspace icon, facebook icon, some verizon store icons etc..
    03-17-09 09:16 AM
    Message Peek
    03-17-09 09:20 AM
    What app is it, some are service books sent by carrier, therefore cannot be permantly erased, just hide the icon if thats it... myspace icon, facebook icon, some verizon store icons etc..
    Yeah, but if the app could be deleted then I don't think it would be a service book thing.
    03-17-09 09:21 AM
    Message Peek?
    Try a battery pull.. with the device on now, take the battery out for about 30 secs then replace.
    03-17-09 09:21 AM
    Yeah, but if the app could be deleted then I don't think it would be a service book thing.
    It could if it was installed.
    03-17-09 09:22 AM
    Message Peek
    Should be no problem deleting it. I tried it and deleted it a couple of weeks ago. So the icon still shows on your home screen? Does anything happen if you click on it?
    03-17-09 09:23 AM
    I would just hide it but I think it is interfering with another app I purchased Peek a Who. Message Peek was supposed to be a trial, but it is still popping up
    03-17-09 09:23 AM
    It could if it was installed.
    Installed from a service book? I know there's cr@p that the carriers send, but I don't recall something getting installed unless you actually use the short cut and install something.

Don't know for sure, since I never used any of those things.
    03-17-09 09:25 AM
    When I installed Weather Bug, the icon also got stuck on my screen after deletion, I used crackutil to remove the corrupt .cod.. however, if you use this if its still not going away, I advise you to read thru the instruction carefully.

Crackutil is a free program, you can search for it here.
    Installed from a service book? I know there's cr@p that the carriers send, but I don't recall something getting installed unless you actually use the short cut and install something.

Don't know for sure, since I never used any of those things.

Thats what I mean, IF installed, it will show up as an app, then you can delete it, howeer the icon will still reappear.
    I would just hide it but I think it is interfering with another app I purchased Peek a Who. Message Peek was supposed to be a trial, but it is still popping up
    Did you try a test email. If Message Peek still pops up, it definitely did not get deleted. Check you app list again. Maybe you deleted a different app?
    03-17-09 09:26 AM
    Thats what I mean, IF installed, it will show up as an app, then you can delete it, howeer the icon will still reappear.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
    03-17-09 09:28 AM
    YAY! The battery pull did it! Thanks so much!
    03-17-09 09:28 AM
    Rachey to the rescue...again
    03-17-09 09:29 AM
    Like my sig says.

Odd that it didn't go away after restarting your phone the first time.
    03-17-09 09:38 AM
    Tammy, I've pulled the battery out numerous times after using Blackberry desktop manager to erase the third party apps and two things happen:

1) The apps no longer appear in the Applications list
    2) The icon remains on the desktop and clicking on it activates the danged app.

Apps are SlackerRadio, Bing, Facebook

Does anyone know how to get these $%!!# apps off a berry?
    06-28-10 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD