Kay so the App World on my Bold has this stupid bug where everytime there is an upgrade to an app, the icon appears on my homescreen. After upgrading the app, the icon is STILL there. I've tried everything, rebooting, deleting the app- you name it. I'm running on .297. This happened when I was running .282 and its still doing it.

Anybody have some ideas on how to stop this? I'm sure im not the only victim of this... retardedness
    09-23-09 06:02 PM
    "...the icon appears on my homescreen."

Sorry I didn't specify, the upgrade icon (black circle with the arrow and red star).
    09-23-09 06:10 PM
    Not had that yet. Just the download loop where you install an app and it sends you back in a loop to download it again.

I got a bit hypnotised watching it. :P
    09-23-09 06:44 PM
    what version of AppWorld do you have installed?
    09-23-09 06:57 PM
    Its version 1.1.0.15, the newest build. I love the UI of the new version but this stupid new update icon that came with it is really bothersome. I can't tell you how many times i've deleted app world and reinstalled it.
    09-23-09 07:03 PM
    Turns out I found a message in the message folder telling me about the update. As soon as i checked that message off, the icon went away. Whoops! Well I hope this helps someone who had the same problem, thanks for the support guys!
    09-23-09 07:11 PM
    yeap just go to msgs and then just mark all msgs opened or marked prior msgs and it'll be gone
    09-23-09 08:17 PM
    Turns out I found a message in the message folder telling me about the update. As soon as i checked that message off, the icon went away. Whoops! Well I hope this helps someone who had the same problem, thanks for the support guys!
    thank you this really did help it was on my tour and i marked all prior messages opened and its gone now!!! thank you so much idk why i didnt think of that before
    09-23-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD