I downloaded two sorry weather apps (weather bug- can't even find "my location" using GPS and some other free app that was on BB app world) and so I decided to uninstall by deleting them. After I deleted the apps, the icons still appeared under all my icons page (archived) but with a red arrow pointing left under them. I deleted the icons and it said I needed to restart my phone to complete the deletion. So after not being able to find a restart feature on my phone, I simply performed a battery pull and restarted it that way, only to find my BB App World had been deleted.

Why?

So I DL'ed BB App World again and when it appeared back on my icons, so did the other 2 apps I wanted to delete!!!!! I want BB App World and not the weather app icons!

How can I do that?
    12-06-09 11:01 PM
    App world seems to disappear every time I reboot the phone.
    12-06-09 11:12 PM
    Hahaha, I did the very same thing as well, right down to the very app! weather bug could find my location but it would never update unless i did it manually. but it also did it when i deleted the free version of berrybuzz so i dont think its just the weatherbug app thats causing it. i would like to hear from others as well to see whats going on with app world.
    12-06-09 11:18 PM
    Okay, I tried something and it worked.

I DL'ed BB App World again and reinstalled both apps. I then opened BB App World, hit the blackberry key to open up the menu, scrolled down to My World and deleted both apps again from there. It didn't archive both apps and I still have my BB App World icon on my page.

By the way, is that the correct way to reboot? By pulling the battery?
    12-06-09 11:36 PM
    Same thing happened when I deleted YouMail.
    12-07-09 12:23 AM
    By the way, is that the correct way to reboot? By pulling the battery?
    Usually after the phone deletes the app it will prompt you to see if you want to reboot, but a battery pull is just as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 02:14 AM
    Apps downloaded from the app world have to be deleted via app world to keep app world installed. Stupid logic but whatever.

12-07-09 06:39 AM
    I moved App World to the download folder; and it no longer gets deleted when I do a reset or battery pull.
    12-07-09 09:02 AM
    It's another glitch that happens when uninstalling some apps installed with App World
    12-07-09 09:10 AM
    Apps downloaded from the app world have to be deleted via app world to keep app world installed. Stupid logic but whatever.

good to know, thanks
    12-07-09 09:14 AM

Had the same issue and the above is correct. Never had a problem since.
    12-07-09 09:17 AM
    This is exactly what I needed to know as mine has been disappearing, too.
    12-07-09 10:23 AM
    You can reboot by pressing alt-right shift-del. Sometimes you have to. Press the combination and hold them down for a few seconds to get it to work.

12-07-09 11:13 AM
    BTW, if you want a decent free weather app, I can recommend Tateu's version of BBWeather.
    12-07-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD