It was high time for I Charge Cool to be updated, and feedback is welcome from anyone who's got the new version, 1.2.

Key Changes:
    - 3D-rendered bouncers & smiley
    - Display does not flicker or fade
    - Configurable backlight brightness
    - Full-screen with no title bar
    - Digital clock added
    - Low-distraction mode
    - Target level and voltage with audible notifications
    - Audible overheat warning
    - Auto-start and auto-stop configurable
    - Can either exit fast or automatically clean memory on exit
    - Optional any-key termination

Thank you...
    Last edited by mlamagra; 09-18-09 at 06:55 AM. Reason: adding the smiley was just so appropriate :)
    09-18-09 06:54 AM
    Do you have a link?
    09-18-09 08:22 AM
    yes link would be good!
    09-18-09 08:31 AM
    I Charge Cool - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

THE UPDATED VERSION IS GREAT ...

great improvement over previous version ... running on TOUR !
    09-18-09 09:22 AM
    I have updated to the new version and is working just as suppose to. I'm using on the 8330 and there are more options to turn features on and off whatever you want . Good job !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 10:56 AM
    i love this app. keep up the good work
    09-18-09 03:46 PM
    How much demand would there be, at least speaking for yourselves, for the ability to replace the bouncers and smiley with your own sprites, and the energy burst with your own background?
    Last edited by mlamagra; 09-19-09 at 02:39 AM. Reason: simpler
    09-18-09 11:31 PM
    I purchased the app. I think its put together well. One thing that I would like to see added is some sort of setting to keep the app from constantly resetting. I leave my phone plugged in a lot while using it. Both at my desk and while driving. I'm in the middle of something and all of a sudden the app automatically starts. And restarts. And restarts. Lol. I want to keep it set to automatically start when I plug my phone in but once I "click" out of it I don't want it to continuously try to start again unless I pull the usb cable out and reinsert it. Does that make sense?

09-19-09 05:27 AM
    How much demand would there be, at least speaking for yourselves, for the ability to replace the bouncers and smiley with your own sprites, and the energy burst with your own background?
    I would be interested in that. I'm too evil to have a smiley bouncing on my phone lol

09-19-09 05:30 AM
    LOL actually the smiley face doesn't bounce as much as the other bouncing dots lol.There use to be a meaner looking smiley but scared some people so developer changed it . I did notice as you battery gets weaker the nose for the smiley face gets bigger and bigger but haven't yet let my battery get low enough to sEe if there is a limit as to how big in diam. Its nose gets yet lol

09-19-09 06:50 AM
    OK it's like this... the smile dial --> <-- was originally going to have a pie-chart-like shadow over it that unveiled the face more as charging progressed, starting with just one eye peeking out, until it was fully revealed at 100%. But when drawing a semitransparent ellipse with a piece missing using the graphics API, it kept adding a line artifact that made it look bad. So now the dial works by unveiling the face from the outside to the inside. I was joking with a user that it starts out like a solar eclipse when the battery's low, then is like a blueberry pie thrown in his face, then finally looks like a wiggling nose toward the end until it disappears. The original concept is better but until I get it to work right, the smiley is Mr. Blueberry-on-his-face ...

About the app restarting again and again... if configured to wait for the display timeout, it does just that, so shouldn't interfere with you if you're in the middle of something. You can increase the display timeout if it's too short, or when the app pops up disable it temporarily by selecting "Don't Start Automatically" in the menu. Your idea (leaving a cancellation in effect until the phone is unplugged) is a better solution, I will try to remember to add that for the next update, but I'll bet then some people will be contacting support asking why it's not starting automatically.
    09-19-09 08:08 AM
    Thanks for the update on that . The app stops and starts for me correctly when I place phone in craddle and when I take phone out of craddle but any improvements are all ways good to see as well once again nice job on this app. .

Last edited by DavidNC; 09-19-09 at 08:49 AM.
    09-19-09 08:47 AM
    I wouldn't mind the option to see a battery that fills up while it charges (not unlike the iphone).

09-19-09 09:09 AM
    I wouldn't mind the option to see a battery that fills up while it charges (not unlike the iphone).

heard that was coming in a future release...

i would like screen to time out and shut off and also keyboard to go out ... if at all possible... that way the battery would possibly charge faster
    09-19-09 09:12 AM
    heard that was coming in a future release...

i would like screen to time out and shut off and also keyboard to go out ... if at all possible... that way the battery would possibly charge faster
    I agree with the keyboard light to go out ideal.My berry charges pretty quick with this app with just 2 changed settings I turned on "Smile Dial", and "target level".Also though my battery strenght hardly ever goes below 35% most times lowest battery level get is 55%.But thats just how it works for me lol.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 09-19-09 at 09:56 AM.
    09-19-09 09:54 AM
    It was high time for I Charge Cool to be updated, and feedback is welcome from anyone who's got the new version, 1.2.

Key Changes:
    - 3D-rendered bouncers & smiley
    - Display does not flicker or fade
    - Configurable backlight brightness
    - Full-screen with no title bar
    - Digital clock added
    - Low-distraction mode
    - Target level and voltage with audible notifications
    - Audible overheat warning
    - Auto-start and auto-stop configurable
    - Can either exit fast or automatically clean memory on exit
    - Optional any-key termination

Thank you...
    I have this app and it's awesome....I love it and the update makes it even better....great job on this one......
    09-19-09 10:04 AM
    The update made a decent app better, its well worth having.
    09-19-09 10:08 AM
    Agreed, i'm loving this app very nice job
    09-19-09 02:51 PM
    OK it's like this... the smile dial --> <-- was originally going to have a pie-chart-like shadow over it that unveiled the face more as charging progressed, starting with just one eye peeking out, until it was fully revealed at 100%. But when drawing a semitransparent ellipse with a piece missing using the graphics API, it kept adding a line artifact that made it look bad. So now the dial works by unveiling the face from the outside to the inside. I was joking with a user that it starts out like a solar eclipse when the battery's low, then is like a blueberry pie thrown in his face, then finally looks like a wiggling nose toward the end until it disappears. The original concept is better but until I get it to work right, the smiley is Mr. Blueberry-on-his-face ...

About the app restarting again and again... if configured to wait for the display timeout, it does just that, so shouldn't interfere with you if you're in the middle of something. You can increase the display timeout if it's too short, or when the app pops up disable it temporarily by selecting "Don't Start Automatically" in the menu. Your idea (leaving a cancellation in effect until the phone is unplugged) is a better solution, I will try to remember to add that for the next update, but I'll bet then some people will be contacting support asking why it's not starting automatically.
    I adjusted the time to 7200 seconds. Whatever I was doing before, reading forum posts or texting I can't honestly remember, but the app kept coming up and it was driving me crazy.

Pehaps an option that if automatic starts is set, that first keyboard activity disables automatic restarts until the next plug in of the usb cable?

I love this little app.
    Last edited by scottmolson; 09-19-09 at 03:24 PM.
    09-19-09 03:22 PM
    I've noticed that every time I take my phone off the charge that my phone app pops up. Anyone else notice this?

09-19-09 03:58 PM
    I adjusted the time to 7200 seconds. Whatever I was doing before, reading forum posts or texting I can't honestly remember, but the app kept coming up and it was driving me crazy.

Pehaps an option that if automatic starts is set, that first keyboard activity disables automatic restarts until the next plug in of the usb cable?

I love this little app.
    What's supposed to happen is, every time you type or move the trackball, the backlight's countdown timer resets and it should then be X amount of time with total inactivity before the backlight times out and ICC starts, where X is the backlight timeout configured in Options. This assumes that "Start Automatically" is set to "Wait if phone in use".

This means the app should be no more annoying than the backlight timing out if you're just looking at something for a long time and not giving any input; if "Any key stops animonitor" is set, then pressing whatever you normally press when the backlight times out on you should have the same effect, closing the animonitor and putting you back where you were with the backlight on and a fresh timeout period started. If "Close fast" is set, then closing should be as fast as turning the backlight back on normally is.

Your idea above could be implemented the same way as the idea that when the app is closed it won't restart automatically until the power is unplugged and the replugged, if "Any key stops animonitor" is set. It's a good idea and I'll try to make it an option in the next release.

But really, if the backlight timeout is set long enough without being too long, and "Wait if phone in use", "Any key stops", and "Close fast" are set, having ICC around should be no worse than not having it around -- either way, something is going to happen when that backlight timeout expires that requires pressing a key to get back.
    09-20-09 01:56 AM
    I been exploring the addition settings on the new release and another thing I really like is the fact that you can change the "target voltage rate" my is set to 3.92 Anyone else change theirs? I was reading about in the setting/help guide for the app.
    kcpaynev1:I've noticed that every time I take my phone off the charge that my phone app pops up. Anyone else notice this?
    When I take mine off charger it just goes to the home screen,I uninstalled the old version before installing the new version , not sure that matters but just how I did.
    09-20-09 04:14 PM
    When I take mine off charger it just goes to the home screen,I uninstalled the old version before installing the new version , not sure that matters but just how I did.
    At least by design intention, the difference would be that if you delete and reinstall, all the settings will be reset to defaults, because everything was uninstalled including your settings.

If you just install the new one over the old one, the old program is deleted automatically, but the old settings should be retained and the app will upgrade them to include the new settings the first time it runs.

However, some OS's might say, "this new program is different enough from the old one that the old persistent data should be deleted along with the old program", and in that case all the settings will revert to defaults on update.
    09-20-09 06:45 PM
    any update on the screen turning off at X amount of time while charging... that way my phone isnt a night light at night when i am sleeping .. haha
    09-23-09 02:15 PM
    Thanks for the app. update
    09-23-09 02:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD