Hi guys,

I just bought a new bb9700, but I cannot dowload appication world when I try to download it etiher from computer or on the phone ıt says,

'' Notice
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to rupport blackberry App World''

What should I do? Waiting for your helps

Thks
    01-23-10 02:18 AM
    Do you have a BB data plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 02:28 AM
    Do you have a BB data plan?

what exactly data plan is I bought it with Turkcell( m.operator) so I have bıs membership also if that is what you mean
    01-23-10 02:33 AM
    If you have BIS, then you have a BlackBerry data plan, so that's not the reason.

The other reason for not being able to download App World, is that your country is not currently supported... and I think that maybe your problem

01-23-10 02:42 AM
    If you have BIS, then you have a BlackBerry data plan, so that's not the reason.

The other reason for not being able to download App World, is that your country is not currently supported... and I think that maybe your problem

Well I live in turkey and I have lots of friends using the app.world :S
    Do you know a link to download it manually?
    01-23-10 02:44 AM
    Hmm, well it's not that either then.

You should have a link in your phone browser to the mobile BlackBerry website, where you can download App World from directly.

01-23-10 02:53 AM
    BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More

01-23-10 02:55 AM
    Hmm, well it's not that either then.

You should have a link in your phone browser to the mobile BlackBerry website, where you can download App World from directly.

Well yes I can send the link to my phone but when I try to download it from that link I getting the error which I wrote at the top of my question...
    I cannot believe that I cannot dowload app.world this makes no sense I have bb9700 which meets the app.world requriements but it says you cannot download
    01-23-10 02:56 AM
    Forget sending the link to your phone, use your blackberry browser and go directly to the mobile site I posted above and download it from there.

If that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas... Sorry

01-23-10 03:02 AM
    Forget sending the link to your phone, use your blackberry browser and go directly to the mobile site I posted above and download it from there.

If that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas... Sorry

Thks Phill but I tried that too.

Guys dont you have any other ideas pls
    01-23-10 03:07 AM
    Are you sure your BIS is actually activated? Sometimes it takes a few days from starting a new contract.

If you look in the top right corner of your homescreen, you should see either 3G with a blackberry symbol next to it, GPRS or EDGE, all in capital letters. If you have either of these, then your BIS account is active. If any of these are in lower case, then you are not connected to BIS and therefore won't be able to download App World.

01-23-10 03:20 AM
    Are you sure your BIS is actually activated? Sometimes it takes a few days from starting a new contract.

If you look in the top right corner of your homescreen, you should see either 3G with a blackberry symbol next to it, GPRS or EDGE, all in capital letters. If you have either of these, then your BIS account is active. If any of these are in lower case, then you are not connected to BIS and therefore won't be able to download App World.

I can see the the big ''3G'' and ı can use other app. like bbmessenger,maps,browser. But dont know the reason of not being able to download app.world
    Thks again mate
    01-23-10 03:24 AM
    I'm definitely out of ideas now

Sorry I couldn't help, but hope you work it out.

Good luck.

01-23-10 03:30 AM
    I'm definitely out of ideas now

Sorry I couldn't help, but hope you work it out.

Good luck.

Thk you very much for your helps mate
    01-23-10 03:45 AM
    I do have 2 final ideas that might help...

1) Check your browser identification is set to BlackBerry, and not Firefox or Internet Explorer:-
    Browser > > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification = BlackBerry

2) Try re-registering your device:-
    Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    Once you receive the confirmation message, do a battery pull and try the download again.

01-23-10 04:00 AM
    I do have 2 final ideas that might help...

1) Check your browser identification is set to BlackBerry, and not Firefox or Internet Explorer:-
    Browser > > Options > Browser Configuration > Browser Identification = BlackBerry

2) Try re-registering your device:-
    Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    Once you receive the confirmation message, do a battery pull and try the download again.

Well thks mate but still cannot download and I m very glad that you re trying to help , I wonder what other apx.85 readers are not typing anything

Thks again
    01-23-10 04:08 AM
    I really cannot believe that no one is trying to helpppp
    01-23-10 04:03 PM
    well if you google a little you can find some other ota links, which work, even if appworld is not working in your coutnry atm... i am using it in switzerland, w/ not problems, and its not suported here... ill have a loook and post my findings
    01-23-10 04:25 PM
    here is one:

http:// bit.ly /joXu1

ofcourse, you must go to this link on your bb browser, and ignore the spacees haha, but its policy that i cannot post links
    01-23-10 04:27 PM
    hi, i am in Kuwait and face the same issue - the website provided doesn't work also
    08-23-10 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD