i have a blackberry 8310............i'm trying to put myalarm on it...........i downloaded myalarm.............i have 3 files...........an alx...a cod....and a jad file...........i open them from a zip file...............when i go to run them or download them i don't know how............it says to select a program from a list or use the internet.................i've looked everywhere to what i should use for these files to work and can't find anything..................i have desktop manager installed and it seems to be working..............how can i get myalarm on my phone and working.....................thanks for any help..............i appreciate it so much
    03-01-09 12:57 AM
    Jad files must be installed from the device. Go to the site and click on the ota download
    03-01-09 01:13 AM
    ................... Welcome to Crackberry................Just had to........ ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:32 AM
    You should be able to point the desktop manager to the .alx file, and it will install the .cod for you.
    03-01-09 01:41 PM
    plug your phone into your pc, load desktop manager and go to the application loader, and click add/remove apps,
    then click browse, and look for your .alx file.
    or alternativley (i know thats spelt wrong, but i dont care)
    just copy the .jad file onto your blackberry, and go to media, press the menu button and go to explore, look for that .jad file, open it and it should come up with a download page, just click download and then your phone should do the rest
    03-01-09 01:57 PM
    just copy the .jad file onto your blackberry, and go to media, press the menu button and go to explore, look for that .jad file, open it and it should come up with a download page, just click download and then your phone should do the rest
    If the .jad is pointing to a local .cod (not a .cod on a server), it won't be able to install the file unless the .cod is copied onto the blackberry along with it...
    03-01-09 02:37 PM
    ive downloaded .jad files to my laptop and emailed them to my phone, and just opened it and it downloaded files.
    with things like weatherbug, lightsaber app and various others.
    i did it today infact.
    03-01-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD