I just made the mistake of upgrading Dropbox and now it keeps asking me to let it have access to my location every time I open it. I am sooo pissed off, why the helll does it need my location or personal information?

It's not the first that's doing this and will more likely get deleted and start using the browser again.
    10-05-11 05:43 PM
    Try android apps! They want everthing and the kitchen sink. These request are used for marketing and sales and as far as I am concerned they need to stay out of my bussiness.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 06:01 PM
    Any way in OS 7 to turn of location requesting for specific apps? On iOS 5, all the apps that request my location are on one nice list. I can then enable/disable location request per app. I can then use the app without it ever asking for my location, and if I ever decide to allow it, I can go back into the setting and simply turn it on.

It also puts a little arrow next to the name of the app on that list if/when an app recently requests location. That's not my full list but you get the idea.

Dropbox wants your location for geotagging.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-05-11 at 06:05 PM.
    10-05-11 06:02 PM
    I just made the mistake of upgrading Dropbox and now it keeps asking me to let it have access to my location every time I open it. I am sooo pissed off, why the helll does it need my location or personal information?

It's not the first that's doing this and will more likely get deleted and start using the browser again.
    BD I just upgraded my dropbox also and went ahead and marked ok on the location so it does not ask me anymore but What I did was go into permissions to edit the dropbox permissions and edited certain ones and location was one ofthem, saved them, rebooted and have not had it come back and ask me anymore. Give that a shot and see if that will work for you.

I actually don't see anything wrong with it if you consider that when you have GPS on for other things that gives your location, what is one more like dropbox?
    10-05-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD