So I've tried most of the free weather apps and besides the free BWeather, nothing seems to work every day. While I like the free Bweather, I like the premium one more with all the options and fancy skins for the weather icons and so on, but man spending $10 on a weather app just seems too much to me. So any input from the members and those who own this app? Worth the money? Any coupon codes or upcoming promotions?

Thanks
    06-06-11 03:49 PM
    So I've tried most of the free weather apps and besides the free BWeather, nothing seems to work every day. While I like the free Bweather, I like the premium one more with all the options and fancy skins for the weather icons and so on, but man spending $10 on a weather app just seems too much to me. So any input from the members and those who own this app? Worth the money? Any coupon codes or upcoming promotions?

Thanks
    I use BWeather free. It's ok and seems to be fairly accurate in the UK. The main thing that annoys me is that the request to upgrade to the paid version appears too often. If I wanted the paid version, I would already have purchased it.

Alan.
    06-06-11 03:55 PM
    I've had the paid version for a long time. It has been stable and worked well for over a year. I have no hesitation in recommending it if you want the additional cosmetic features. I don't have any insight into upcoming sales.
    06-06-11 03:59 PM
    I've been using the paid BerryWeather for a few years now and love it. So much you can customize. The biggest plus for me is you can add your own radar maps!! You can pick your own alerts for all types of weather. Also there are many great BW icons so you can change your BW icons.

Keep an eye out in the Crackberry store for a sale on this app. When it does go on sale it's half the original price.
    06-06-11 04:16 PM
    Thanks everyone for quick replies. Thanks mojave for the tip. I'll be impatiently waiting for the sale.
    06-06-11 04:23 PM
    I have used BerryWeather and my vote still goes to BBWeather instead. It never fails me, it's unobtrusive on the screen, and I never have to worry about wallpaper or theme problems. It's free to boot. I can't see paying $10 for a weather app. Let alone one I don't really like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 04:41 PM
    Thanks everyone for quick replies. Thanks mojave for the tip. I'll be impatiently waiting for the sale.
    Use a coupon code and get 20% off if you want it now. It's still a good value for what the program gives you.

have used BerryWeather and my vote still goes to BBWeather instead
    BBWeather is a sweet weather app. I love the rollover feature on the homescreen icon.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 06-06-11 at 04:56 PM.
    06-06-11 04:54 PM
    I have used BerryWeather and my vote still goes to BBWeather instead. It never fails me, it's unobtrusive on the screen, and I never have to worry about wallpaper or theme problems. It's free to boot. I can't see paying $10 for a weather app. Let alone one I don't really like.

I tried searching for BBWeather on CB store and appworld and came up empty. Where can I find this app?
    06-06-11 05:01 PM
    Use a coupon code and get 20% off if you want it now. It's still a good value for what the program gives you.

What coupon code is that? Thank you for your help.
    06-06-11 05:02 PM
    What coupon code is that? Thank you for your help.
    You can find coupons from Mobihand here in the app forum. Check out this link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mob...oupons-210997/ Just go to the last page and you will find a software coupon for 20% off.
    06-06-11 05:28 PM
    You might also want to check out QuickWeather (here in the app forum) by NikkiSoft. This gentleman made a fantastic app called QuickLaunch (which I have and would not be without) on my phone.

QuickWeather is not available for the Bold 9650.....yet....but it will be down the road. He just released it for the Touch and Storm. You can also check out the NikkiSoft website. NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher and read more about it...or here in the CB app forum. It all depends on what you want and need and will use in a weather app. Everyone has different needs.
    JManekia likes this.
    06-06-11 05:45 PM
    Yes for Berryweather. I've used it for SEVERAL years and it is by far one of the best apps to spend your money on! $10 is less than a 24 pack of your favorite malt beverage! I personally love the sever weather alerts. That's really what I got it for as Kansas has some crazy weather during the summer months! The active radar is a must for me!

06-06-11 05:51 PM
    You might also want to check out QuickWeather (here in the app forum) by NikkiSoft. This gentleman made a fantastic app called QuickLaunch (which I have and would not be without) on my phone.

QuickWeather is not available for the Bold 9650.....yet....but it will be down the road. He just released it for the Touch and Storm. You can also check out the NikkiSoft website. NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher and read more about it...or here in the CB app forum. It all depends on what you want and need and will use in a weather app. Everyone has different needs.
    I was excited about the QuickWeather, but was bummed out when I found out it wasn't available for my phone. While I don't really care about radar and such, I do care about accurate forecast with quick updates and nice looking icons. Sounds like I should wait a few weeks and see what comes out. Thanks for all your help.
    06-06-11 06:30 PM
    QuickWeather will be available for all OS 5 phones in a day or 2.
    06-06-11 06:40 PM
    Yay. Thanks a lot.
    06-06-11 06:42 PM
    Here is a link for BB weather. OTA download http://www.tateu.net/software/downlo..._4.3.jad?q=php

JManekia likes this.
    06-06-11 07:53 PM
    how about weather plus? i think right now on BB appworld, you can get the premium version if you give them an email with your pin.
    06-06-11 08:00 PM
    Thanks Cartersball. The linked work and I am trying it out. So far so good, hopefully it works consistently. Yellow, I've tried the Weather plus and I even emailed them, but didn't get any reply from them.
    06-06-11 08:27 PM
    how about weather plus? i think right now on BB appworld, you can get the premium version if you give them an email with your pin.
    WeatherPlus needs a lot of work before it becomes a useful weather app IMHO. I have the premium version and it stayed on my BB for about 5 minutes. Your mileage may vary.

Folks may blanch at paying for Berryweather but it doesn't really get any better than that. I like how you can customize almost everything. If I wasn't using BW I would be using BBWeather. Try 'em all out and pick the one you like the best.
    06-06-11 10:34 PM
    Thanks Cartersball. The linked work and I am trying it out. So far so good, hopefully it works consistently. Yellow, I've tried the Weather plus and I even emailed them, but didn't get any reply from them.
    PROMOTION:
    FREE for a limited time, Write us an email to unlock it, INCLUDE YOUR PIN and Weather Plus in title.
    We welcome your GREAT comments to help us improve this GREAT app.

source

did you send it with the correct title?
    06-06-11 11:28 PM
    Thanks Cartersball. The linked work and I am trying it out. So far so good, hopefully it works consistently.
    No problem. I hope it works out for you. Hands down the best free weather app for BB IMO. Simple, easy to use, and able to update on the home screen.

06-07-11 07:16 AM
    I bought Weather Channel (Australian version) and loved the twice-daily notifications I received in my message list. But I am now just using BlackBerry Travel - while it doesn't give notifications or have a weather icon it does the job for me. And I love RIM apps!!
    06-07-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD