Hi
    Whatsapp application use a lot of data!
    I just check my data usage in whatsapp application on my blackberry (9900) and i notice that my "Ulink" is very high... about 5 GB and my Dlink s about 250Kb.
    One of my workers have 9780 and his Data usage is about 3G Ulink and 120Kb Dlink.

Its make no sence.. i don't use my BB to send files or so. only chating.

can any one post his data usage? (you can find it in the "settings").

thanks!
    07-12-12 04:30 AM
    Didn't found it. Only the "old" known technique :
    - Go to Options - Device - Device and Status Information Once on this screen type: buyr
    You'll get the overall data amount since the device was purchased. So you have to write it down each month to know precisely.
    Your stats seems much more detailed ... have you installed a specific app ?
    07-12-12 05:06 AM
    I don't think a chatting app will incur so much data...
    07-12-12 05:08 AM
    I wiped my handset about 3 weeks ago and in that time I've sent 294 messages, received 425 and used about 2.4 MB of data in total.

to send 5GB of data via whats app seems VERY excessive unless you have been using the app for years and chatting a lot.

How many messages is it showing you have used and what amount of data has been used for media?
    07-12-12 05:56 AM
    i know its strange... but that is the problem..
    i wrote to whatsapp support . They know that some blackberry users have that problem.
    The problem is that they don't know what to do with that

i delete my whatsapp till i know that the problem is solved.

its really important that everyone who read that post will check and write his data transfer..

thanks again
    07-12-12 07:14 AM
    I don't know how someone could send 5GB worth of messages through BIM, with all the Data Compression. I don't even get that high with my Iphone...
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-12-12 at 08:29 AM.
    07-12-12 07:50 AM
    To check your WhatsApp network usage you need to open the app and go to Settings > click on "About" > click on "Network Usage" and it will give you your total data used. If you don't (or have never) reset your stats the data there will be cumulative from the time that you've had WhatsApp.

Didn't found it. Only the "old" known technique :
    - Go to Options - Device - Device and Status Information Once on this screen type: buyr
    You'll get the overall data amount since the device was purchased. So you have to write it down each month to know precisely.
    Your stats seems much more detailed ... have you installed a specific app ?
    Last edited by melh72; 07-12-12 at 09:49 AM.
    07-12-12 09:43 AM
    Hi Noam !!
    I have just suffered from the same problem caused due to WhatsApp !!
    I have been emailing them and they have confirmed that it is due to client and server side failure.
    My data plan had exceed more than 4GB of traffic due to that bug !!!
    It is really annoying because my cellular operator refused to credit my data usage bill.
    WhatsApp does not offer any responsibility on that bug and they have just encourage me to upgrade my whatsapp client in order to solve that bug.
    I am frustrated !!
    My WhatsApp client Ver.- 2.7.6401 .
    Be caution with that application !!!
    07-13-12 08:32 AM
    Whatsapp updates regularly so check for updates once a week at least.

The latest version sits at 2.7.9660 and has been there for at least 2 weeks.
    Beta version currently sits at 2.8.564.

latest version: WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    beta version: WhatsApp for BlackBerry

Whatsapp messages are approx 1.5KB each going out and 1.1KB each coming in.
    07-13-12 09:14 AM
    Me too facing same problem. I am using BBM only plan(129). So I run whatsapp on WiFi. When I am connected to WiFi, all is fine. But when no wifi network, Whatsapp disconnects as no data transfer in allowed in BBM ponly plan but whatsapp keeps on uploading and downloading data. Don't know what it do. For now i deleted my whatsapp account.
    Any solution??
    05-06-13 03:40 AM
    Hello,

Although it's been almost a year since the issue you are referring to it would be very very very much appreciated if you could share to a PM message the ticket number of your complain/request to Whatsapp (in case you did open a ticket)

My wife had the same issue and I need to see what, eventually, whatsapp did for that in order to inform the Operator.

Of course, if there is anyone who faced the same problem and did open a ticket to either Whatsapp or Blackberry, please do forward the ticket number to me.

Best regards!
    10-08-13 09:02 AM
    Come on guys! Not even one?

We are letting Whatsapp to be the reason for someone to pay a huge amount of money to Operator?

Please help!
    Hello,

Although it's been almost a year since the issue you are referring to it would be very very very much appreciated if you could share to a PM message the ticket number of your complain/request to Whatsapp (in case you did open a ticket)

My wife had the same issue and I need to see what, eventually, whatsapp did for that in order to inform the Operator.

Of course, if there is anyone who faced the same problem and did open a ticket to either Whatsapp or Blackberry, please do forward the ticket number to me.

Best regards!
    10-22-13 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD