I have purchased this app (OS 5.0) version a moth ago. I was very pleased by this app after a free trial period.

Because the OS 5.0.0.411 is running well on my Bold 9000 I bought the BeWeather for my 5.0 OS..

My memory drained after like 12-16 hours of usage from 23MB (after reboot) to 6MB. I thought it was the Facebook app which was the problem..but without Facebook installed on my Bold it was still draining. I have shut down BeWeather today and I mentioned my Memory wasn't draining anymore

Ofcourse I like that, but what about my BeWeather? Is there anyway of solving the problem anyway?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 08:56 AM
    It's not a memory "leak", its a memory usage. Apps were designed to use RAM...

But BeWeather is known for its high memory requirements. What do you expect from something that auto updates so much information so often?
    01-14-10 09:22 AM
    One of the things you can do to slow down the memory consumption is to not use the high quality graphics.
    01-14-10 10:56 AM
    Major Berryweather leak overnight. I decided to give it another try yesterday so loaded it up yesterday morning. Did not make any other changes to my Tour in that time. During the day it lost a few mb more than usual. Then this morning Meterberry tells me that I am down 52MB from startup!!! That's outrageous. Looking at Meterberry's memory log I am seeing (while I was asleep mind you) drops every 15 mins of 10.1, 15.7,5.1,8.7,3.5,4.6,3.8..... That is a leak, not just an app storing data. The home screen showed an uncaught exception message when I woke up this morning. The leak would probably have continued until dawn otherwise. I checked to see if some other app was running that might be doing it but nothing was other than the usual apps that always run (home screen icon, browser, etc.). I'd actually performed a battery pull last evening too since I had it out of its' case for a backup anyway. I dunno what it was doing - maybe cycling for a failed update??? But the TWO locations on it seemed to have updated ok. Anyhow, back to weatherbug for me.
    01-14-10 11:09 AM
    Email cust service LOL.
    They'll get right back to you.

01-14-10 11:14 AM
    Memory usage is currently being addressed. Some users see bigger drops than others, it all depends on your settings, how many locations you have, frequency of updates, etc...

Do any of you use SocialScope? Trying clearing the cache (settings - clear cache) at one point I gained back over 7MB (!) by clearing the cache. I have since turned off photo caching and memory has been super stable, never losing more than 2MB or so.

I've also read that some have issues with MeterBerry actually causing problems. Not saying that it is, I'm just sayin...
    01-14-10 11:54 AM
    I don't think its usage. I had it and didn't use the auto update feature and I dropped 10meg in under 3 hours. Waste of money, in my opinion. I use free weatherbug or bbweather and no leaks.

01-14-10 12:05 PM
    Don't know how you guys define memory leak, but to me a memory leak is when memory constantly decreases until there's nothing left. If a huge chunk gets used up over time and stays steady, I don't consider that a leak. That's just a memory hog of an app... which BeWeather unfortunately is.
    01-14-10 12:07 PM
    No socialscope here. As I said, had pulled the battery last night as well so all should have been running fine. After running Meterberry for several weeks I've gotten used to some memory drop. The most ever was 15 mb at one time one day. Browse caching I think. But 52mb within a couple of hours while sleeping can't be explained as Meterberry loss. Only thing that changed was turning on Berryweather yesterday. Just sayin'......

01-14-10 12:11 PM
    Memory usage is currently being addressed. Some users see bigger drops than others, it all depends on your settings, how many locations you have, frequency of updates, etc...

Do any of you use SocialScope? Trying clearing the cache (settings - clear cache) at one point I gained back over 7MB (!) by clearing the cache. I have since turned off photo caching and memory has been super stable, never losing more than 2MB or so.

I've also read that some have issues with MeterBerry actually causing problems. Not saying that it is, I'm just sayin...

How do you clear the cache?
    01-14-10 12:16 PM
    i'm glad to see others are having the same issue i am. I have this installed on an 8830. after a battery pull i am at 14.5mb then within an hour i am down to 10.9mb and i havent even touched my bb. this has happend for the last 4 days since i had it. sometimes it goes down to 7.5mb which is bad news. i wasnt sure if it was beweather or the theme i installed but now i know. I am going to uninstall this and figure out something else.
    01-14-10 07:01 PM
    If you really want it to leak add Meterberry to it. The combination of the two on my 9530 drops the memory like pouring water out of a bucket.
    01-14-10 07:40 PM
    While I am not 100% convinced that BeWeather is a leaker, I've decided to not use BeWeather for a few days and see how my device performs in the interim. Three apps in question for me are BeWeather, Viigo, and RIM's own BBM 5.0. So far I have used Viigo briefly and upon closing it last night and waking up this morning my memory usage has been steady at ~98MB, which was what I started with at reboot.
    01-16-10 06:14 AM
    How do you clear the cache?
    With you browser open , press the BB menu button , >scroll down to options>Scroll down to Cache Options>And click your way though any or all of the 3 listed "Content cache","Pushed Content","Cookie Cache" and let it clean them then close out using BB menu button.
    01-18-10 11:48 AM
    So are the developers of this app aware of the high memory usage and are their plans to make improvements to the app? I also have noticed its high memory usage. I originally through it was viigo but now know that its berry weather. I purchased the program and use it so I haven't resorted to uninstalling it yet.
    01-18-10 12:16 PM
    So are the developers of this app aware of the high memory usage and are their plans to make improvements to the app? I also have noticed its high memory usage. I originally through it was viigo but now know that its berry weather. I purchased the program and use it so I haven't resorted to uninstalling it yet.
    Yes, the developer is aware of it and is actively working on resolving this. It's strange though, because not all users see huge memory hits. I have it on my 9700 and it's pretty light on memory. With 12hrs of uptime since last reboot, I'm down 0.8MB. That includes twittering, browsing, facebook, an hour long phone call this morning, sending emails and SMS. BW updates every 30minutes for me. I've opened some custom radar maps as well.

With that said though, some of the beta testers are seeing high memory usages. There's a lot of variables (OS version, device) and they're trying to nail down the cause.

I do not have an ETA as when an update will be available, but improvements are being made just about daily.
    01-18-10 12:28 PM
    I don't mean to "jack" this thread but I have a noob question: how does one check for a "memory leak", and can they do so if they do not own an app that does for them? (For sticklers, I know that is two questions! )
    I have Berryweather with three locations on auto update q 3hours and have not noticed a sluggish performance, etc. No social apps. Other apps: Viigo, Opera Mini 5.2b, Poynt, Scoremobile, Pandora, App World, Bible, and Google. Thank you in advance, and of course, as with anything, YMMV.

Best,
    BTB
    01-18-10 12:57 PM
    I don't mean to "jack" this thread but I have a noob question: how does one check for a "memory leak", and can they do so if they do not own an app that does for them? (For sticklers, I know that is two questions! )
    I have Berryweather with three locations on auto update q 3hours and have not noticed a sluggish performance, etc. No social apps. Other apps: Viigo, Opera Mini 5.2b, Poynt, Scoremobile, Pandora, App World, Bible, and Google. Thank you in advance, and of course, as with anything, YMMV.

Best,
    BTB
    I just keep checking under options>status and see what is says for "file free"
    when at a reboot i see it start at 15mb and then within an hour i see it go to 12mb and i have not even used my device i know that isnt normal

as an update to this since uninstalling berryweather i have 15.5mb on a reboot and it remains there for hours sometimes, if it drops it goes down to maybe as low as 14.5mb so it was def the weather app.
    01-19-10 02:01 PM
    Same here.. Just after rebout i'm at 32mb and 24hours later it drops at 12mb

Only BerryWeather installed on OS5!
    05-02-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD