First of all, I apologize if this has bee posted I have been around for a while. I noticed that App World kills my memory extremely fast. When I opened App World I had 43.90 MB of free memory. By the time I purchased 1 app and installed it, I was down to 6.40 MB of free memory. It drained that fast in a matter of minutes. Is anyone else having this bad of a problem with App World? Is there any fix for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 05:23 AM
    Haven't bought anything but it doesn't happen to me when I browse the apps

04-26-09 06:08 AM
    No, me neither. Are you running any other apps?
    04-26-09 08:11 AM
    I had this same problem with the old version. Upgraded to 1.0.0.28 and it is much better.

The older version even froze my storm.

04-26-09 08:35 AM
    I had some leaking not as much as you but I delete the app world and my memory is much better without it.

04-26-09 09:23 AM
    I had some leaking not as much as you but I delete the app world and my memory is much better without it.

Same here..
    04-26-09 11:29 AM
    To install an app it takes from your phones resources, that is why its important to either use a program like QuickPull or do a battery pull after installing anything. Then check your memory, then use the app world app, close it completely, then check your memory again that will give you a better idea if you even have a memory leak.
    04-26-09 12:46 PM
    I had a problem too, in fact I didn't even download any new apps, just used it to browse, in fact, now that I've deleted it, I have no problems.

04-26-09 06:12 PM
    i personally think RIM should make a fix so that it automatically closes all programs when you press the end button and maybe at least give the option to run a program in the background.
    04-26-09 07:39 PM
    I am surprised someone has not created an utility to close programs automatically when backing out of the program. It sure would save a lot of time manually closing programs.
    04-26-09 08:25 PM
    I've noticed the same thing. Using App World sucks down the memory on the phone quick.
    04-26-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD