Hey I have a blackberry bold 9000 on the Telstra 3G/Next-G network in Australia. I have downloaded the facebook and MSN messenger applications and when I go to use them i get an error message saying "Service not enabled on this handheld" or "you are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. Please contact your service provider to upgrade your service plan" I do not have a blackberry email or data plan only a normal phone plan but that has included WAP/ internet usage data. I can get on the internet on my blackberry at the moment and on msn and facebook but it won't work through the applications... although my old MAXX V6 worked with the applications with the same sim card/ phone plan..

any info would be awesome..

cheers

Danny
    11-01-08 06:38 AM
    Not sure why you'd want a Blackberry with no data plan... I'm not sure you can utilize a lot of the functionality they offer, with out one of some sort...
    11-01-08 06:55 AM
    You can utilize everything but push email and instant messengers without the BB data plan... I can use facebook no prob, I would assume the bold can too. Buit no msn, yahoo etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 07:13 AM
    Believe it or not there are some of us out there without BB internet, some of us can't get it. and we get by just fine, there are plenty of email clients / instant messengers out there that get the job done just as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 07:15 AM
    Since you are not using a data plan, you can't use the Facebook app or the MSN messenger. I recommend that you use wifi and access Facebook through a browser, the facebook app IMHO is not good at all. Not much you can do but write on walls, update what you are doing and upload pics. Basically you can't do alot of things on the facebook app. You can get the Beejive app (You have to pay though) for all you instant messenging googletalk, msn, yahoo and aol not sure if i missed any.
    11-01-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD