So I need some help setting up this whole tethering business. I got a 9700 and a Macbook Pro. At my college the Wifi is so bad around lunchtime that it takes around 15 minutes to load a 4 minute youtube video and around 5 minutes to check a single email. So I need to tether my BB with my laptop. Also do I need some tethering plan to do this? Or am I good to go with a data plan. I'm with Rogers BTW. Thanks in advance.
    10-23-10 07:47 PM
    You will need to have a tethering data plan.

Tether.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 08:01 PM
    First check you can make the connection. USB or Bluetooth both work on Wintel PCs, but Mac is a strange beast and you might have to do a bit of digging for the practical side.
    10-23-10 08:05 PM
    I think the college needs to reset their router because sometimes things just go totally wrong.

Rogers should provide a tethering plan or tethering features for your blackberry, give 'em a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 08:53 PM
    Depending on what BB data plan you have now, you may already have tethering. Unlike US carriers, Rogers incl. tethering within their BB data plans 1GB and above. Basically, you can use a third party app like Tether to manage the connection for you. Or you can use the Bluetooth setup in order to connect. The settings and APN are all you really need to configure.

In this case, Rogers information is:

APN: internet.com
    User: wap
    Pass: wapuser1

I'm not even sure you'll need the U/P, I've never REALLY had to enter them before as it works both ways anyways provided you have the right APN there. In order to get to it, just enable BT on device.. and on MacBook.. pair em and tada, modem will be detected and placed into you network options via System Preferences.. Go there and you should see:

10-23-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD