Us mac folk dont get any love from RIM or Apple in terms of our crackberries.
    10-14-08 09:11 AM
    anybody get this to work with the Storm yet?
    11-21-08 05:53 PM
    anybody get this to work with the Storm yet?
    Yup, just did it. Works great, easy interface.
    12-24-08 10:23 AM
    Us mac folk dont get any love from RIM or Apple in terms of our crackberries.
    Actually I think it only "appears" we get no love when in all actuality we get less attention (ie: software to do this) because its easier on a mac than a PC...LOL
    12-24-08 10:25 AM
    hey there -

i have a macbook w/10.5.6 and a verizon bb8830 and i can't get past step 1.

which is probably my own ignorance. i've never used bluetooth with my macbook. i did successfully PAIR them - but i don't see where your step 2 is. when you say "check the box" - where is that box? after i paired it - it just says it's paired. it keeps telling me it's paired but not connected.

?

thx!
    03-11-09 12:36 PM
    i should also add this - i tried this before watching the tutorial and i did the pairing via my blackberry (as opposed to via the mac setup assistant). i was able to PAIR, but it kept saying it wasn't connected.

i've just deleted them both from each other as paired devices - after watching the tutorial and started from scratch. my blackberry bluetooth IS enabled and on - but on my mac the bluetooth mobile phone setup keeps scanning and saying it cannot find any mobile phones. (and is says that my computer bluetooth is on & discoverable as well)

hey there -

i have a macbook w/10.5.6 and a verizon bb8830 and i can't get past step 1.

which is probably my own ignorance. i've never used bluetooth with my macbook. i did successfully PAIR them - but i don't see where your step 2 is. when you say "check the box" - where is that box? after i paired it - it just says it's paired. it keeps telling me it's paired but not connected.

?

thx!
    03-11-09 01:00 PM
    Is there any way to get additional help on this topic if I have tried the steps outlined here and not gotten results?

Thanks,

Dan
    05-31-09 11:43 PM
    I hope this helps someone. I have been tethering my Verizon Curve to my mac with the above settings and haven't had any problems. I just got the new Tour, also on Verizon, and expected to tether with the same settings. It didn't work. I tried everything. I finally watched the tutorial video and still no help. Until I remembered, to my surprise, that a phony # with no @vzw3g.com was able to connect to the internet, so I tried it. I entered just my phone number and Voila, surfing the web with EVDO rev A speeds brilliantly. Thanks for all the help, hope this does too.
    07-19-09 01:09 AM
    I hope this helps someone. I have been tethering my Verizon Curve to my mac with the above settings and haven't had any problems. I just got the new Tour, also on Verizon, and expected to tether with the same settings. It didn't work. I tried everything. I finally watched the tutorial video and still no help. Until I remembered, to my surprise, that a phony # with no @vzw3g.com was able to connect to the internet, so I tried it. I entered just my phone number and Voila, surfing the web with EVDO rev A speeds brilliantly. Thanks for all the help, hope this does too.
    So you did?)

Phone number: #777
    Username: [your phone# only]
    Password: vzw [or did you leave pwd blank?]

Sorry I cant try for myself. Tour will be here in a day.
    08-19-09 02:19 PM
    When i try to connect it says "the connection has failed. Please verify your settings and try agian." does this mean i have it set up wrong. i followed the directions step by step.. any help is appreciated..
    08-22-09 04:56 PM
    My mac book is not recognizing my BB Storm. I am running OS X 10.5.8 Intel 13" Macbook. Not even in Bluetooth mode. It says my device does not have the required services.
    11-25-09 10:51 PM
    I was able to get the tethering of the Tour with my Mac to work and then after a session that lasted about an hour and a half, it stopped working. I had to delete the bluetooth connection between the two and then reconnect them. It worked again. Again after a long session it stopped working. Now, whenever I try to connect from the Mac, the Tour reboots. I've tried restarting the Tour, pulling the battery, deleting the bluetooth connections and reconnecting to no avail. Every time I try to connect, a screen pops up on the Blackberry for a fraction of a second (I can't see what it says) and then it goes through the same sequence as if I had pulled the battery. Has anyone seen this. My wife has a PC and uses the Vz provided software for tethering and it works fine. Any suggestions (short of buying a PC)?
    02-02-10 07:52 PM
    I was able to get the tethering of the Tour with my Mac to work and then after a session that lasted about an hour and a half, it stopped working. I had to delete the bluetooth connection between the two and then reconnect them. It worked again. Again after a long session it stopped working. Now, whenever I try to connect from the Mac, the Tour reboots. I've tried restarting the Tour, pulling the battery, deleting the bluetooth connections and reconnecting to no avail. Every time I try to connect, a screen pops up on the Blackberry for a fraction of a second (I can't see what it says) and then it goes through the same sequence as if I had pulled the battery. Has anyone seen this. My wife has a PC and uses the Vz provided software for tethering and it works fine. Any suggestions (short of buying a PC)?
    02-02-10 09:01 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD