In trying to maximize battery life on the Storm 2, is there an easy way to see what apps are running and to close them?
    02-04-10 06:46 PM
    you can see whats currently running in the background by pressing and holding the blackberry button...
    02-04-10 06:49 PM
    It's easy...just hold your BB button down for a few seconds and a menu will pop up, showing all the apps that are currently running. Standard are: BBM, Phone, Messages, Browser and Home, five in all (assuming you do not have any other apps installed).

There's another thread with the same issue, user is new to S2 and concerned about battery life. Turn your WiFi off if you're not using it, same goes for GPS. Set your phone to 1XEV if you're in the US and I have my background brightness set to 60 and off in 20 seconds. I average between 1 and 2% per hour battery drain, plenty for a long day with moderate use.

In trying to maximize battery life on the Storm 2, is there an easy way to see what apps are running and to close them?
    02-04-10 06:51 PM
    GPS will not make a difference is you're not running a program that uses GPS, it's ok to leave it on.

I found that the Storm 1 & 2 screens are really bright for me, so I always have them set on the lowest setting.
    02-04-10 07:24 PM
    thanks, I did close all the apps that I could but could not get the BB browser or BB messenger to disappear from the ON apps list though I closed them several times. Should this be the case?
    02-04-10 07:26 PM
    thanks, I did close all the apps that I could but could not get the BB browser or BB messenger to disappear from the ON apps list though I closed them several times. Should this be the case?
    Yes, those will always be running.
    02-04-10 07:29 PM
    Dumb question. I'm new to this so I apologize in advance. Where is the BB button on the Storm 2? Again sorry.
    02-04-10 08:08 PM
    Dumb question. I'm new to this so I apologize in advance. Where is the BB button on the Storm 2? Again sorry.
    It's the key with the BlackBerry symbol on it.
    02-04-10 08:14 PM
    Second button from the left in the bottom row.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 08:15 PM
    Thank You.
    02-04-10 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD