I installed PodTrapper, a tremendous podcast downloader and player on my storm and I love it.

How can I stream podcasts from my home PC to PodTrapper? I have FiOS at home, but since it's a residential account it has a constantly changing dynamic IP address, so I can't just enable ISS and drop my podcasts in my inetpub / wwwroot folder on my home desktop. DynDNS is too much of a pain :P

Can anyone suggest an easier solution?! Is there a PC based application that will publish my own podcasts to the interweb for me from my home desktop (for free would be the best method)?

Thanks in advance!

-C
    05-27-09 12:33 PM
    I suggest you look into orb. You can stream music, live tv (if u have a tuner), webcam, video...all this without installing anything on your bb. All you need is to install orb on your home pc and use the bb browser.

Your pc needs to be on but if u have set it to sleep orb has a great remote wake up feature, pernally I set my fax modem to wake up and I call my home phone.

Orb is also free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oracle107; 05-27-09 at 07:01 PM.
    05-27-09 06:59 PM
    I've tried orb, the problem is I'm in areas without coverage a good amount (subways, planes) since I travel constantly for work.

I'm looking for something similar to DropBox, where the program will sync files on your PC with the web view, and publish an RSS feed on the web view that lets you know what files have been added. Unfortunately, dropbox restricts the RSS feed links via username/password and podcaster chokes (podcaster has a username/password area but dropbox doesn't handle the credentials in the right manner).

Any ideas? Maybe an online backup or storage site with an RSS feed?
    05-27-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD