8830 (and I tried the "generic" Press Caps and Click ball - no paste occurs)

A friend sent a link in email. I clicked on it and BB Browser opened but could not show that link.

So I figured I've had Opera Mini installed but not really used it. So back to the email, I copied the link. Opened Opera. Went to Address Bar but there was NO option to Paste into the address bar.

A more tedious workaround - I was able to paste into the google search but that required google to search for the link, find the link, then I had to click on the link I already had and it finally opened the page.

So question is - doesn't Opera Mini support Paste into the Address Bar.
    04-16-08 03:06 PM
    Usually you can use Menu to access copy and paste functions.
    04-16-08 03:17 PM
    Usually you can use Menu to access copy and paste functions.
    Usually you can, but I don't think it works in Opera Mini. I was trying the very same thing the other day. Menu does not have a paste feature. Not even the shortcuts have a paste feature.
    04-16-08 03:43 PM
    With Opera Mini 4, the website address entry opens to an empty box, which accepts eddress pasting.

For some reason, 4.1 beta (which fills in the address on the first screen) doesn't have the copy/paste options available.

Hopefully this is something that will be ironed out by the time the new release becomes official.
    04-16-08 05:42 PM
    I just found this in another forum:

In your Opera Mini Settings - uncheck direct address input.
    04-16-08 07:13 PM
    Yup - UNchecking that appears to have opened up a menu with a lot more options including Paste (I was the one who asked at that other forum)
    04-16-08 09:43 PM
    Nice! I was missing that feature a lot.
    04-17-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD