I have a question - I've searched the forums but haven't found this specific answer. If someone has already answered it, please feel free to delete this post!

Okay, on to the question...

I downloaded Google Sync to sync to my Google Calendar - and WOW it's awesome, and I love how it syncs to my BB Calendar. I love to be able to edit my Gcal on my laptop before I leave the house, then have it on my BB during the day. Pretty slick!

I set my settings on my Gsync to "sync automatically" but I haven't seen it sync by itself. Well to be honest, I haven't waited long enough.

For instance, I add an event on my Gcal from my laptop, and I expected it to sync right away to my BBcal on my phone.

Does it not work this way? Does "automatically" mean once a day or an hour or what exactly does "automatically" mean in terms of hours/minutes?

TIA!
    07-28-08 11:16 PM
    According to Google it is every 2 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 11:22 PM
    Okay that makes sense, I can wait that long! I looked around on Google but didn't see where it said that.

Thanks for the reply! Now I won't go crazy waiting around for it to sync
    07-28-08 11:26 PM
    One more question, just to clarify.. do I have to sign up for mobile notification in Gcal to make it automatically sync, or is that for non-BB phones?
    07-28-08 11:30 PM
    Hi - I did not sign up for the mobile notification so I believe it automatically syncs by default, If I go to the option on my bb to sync now, I get an answer that it already synced and there are no changes.
    07-29-08 05:02 AM
    Automatic will sync every two hours, but will sync anytime an appointment is updated or edited on the bb.

8 AM Google sync will update all entries that were input into the web version
    10 AM ditto
    10:15AM Edited appointment on bb, Google sync will update the web version
    07-29-08 07:20 AM
    Looking for answer to this on Google having just got my first Blackberry today. Good question and great answers, and I have found a super site to help my teething process on my new 'toy'.

Thanks all.
    09-01-09 02:49 PM
    I can't get entries made on my BB to show up on the web on google calendar. It works ok when I enter something on the web I guess. As soon as I put in an entry via web I do a manual sync on BB and it shows up just fine. If I add an entry via my BB and do a manual sync it never shows up on the website for google calendar. Any idea what might be causing this?
    02-03-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD