How much money do you guys think you've wasted on apps or themes that that you don't use anymore? So far I think I'm close to �100, I have 80 uninstaled apps in the appworld alone. It always sounds like a good idea at the beginning but somehow I always end up deleting them. Maybe there should be a compulsory 15 days trial on all apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 12:01 PM
    I only buy apps I know I'll use. I've only ever downloaded a few I ended up never using again.
    09-04-10 12:04 PM
    I only buy apps I know I'll use. I've only ever downloaded a few I ended up never using again.
    Lol, how do you do it? Temptation always get the better of me

09-04-10 12:11 PM
    ...Maybe there should be a compulsory 15 days trial on all apps...
    You should implement this policy yourself. If it doesn't have a free trial, and it's more than �n, just don't buy it. Select n to fit your tolerance for wasted money. For me, the threshold is $5. More than that and no free trial, I'm almost certainly not going to buy it.
    09-04-10 12:11 PM
    Lol, how do you do it? Temptation always get the better of me

It requires a lot of discipline!

A lot of time if I see a cool looking app I know I don't actually need, I'll just think of ways the money could be better spent by wasting it on something different which I'm at least likely to use more
    09-04-10 12:14 PM
    i'm happy to report that it's zero dollars for me..
    we're talking about wasted applications right?
    whether on the itunes store or the Blackerry App world
    i always try the "lite" version first and see if i'm gonna like it.
    the first 3 days are crucial.. that's when the Wow factor wears off..
    that's my barometer if i'm willing to pay $1 or even $4.99 for that particular app
    09-04-10 12:18 PM
    Zero.

----------
    09-04-10 12:33 PM
    Damn, you guys are good I must say, it's mostly themes I wasted money on.

09-04-10 12:38 PM
    So far only $6.99 wasted on a game I never play anymore. Everything else has been money well spent.

Developers, send the OP details on your new apps! Sure to make one sale.
    09-04-10 12:39 PM
    I refuse to pay for apps. I always download the freeware version of apps. I don't see any reason to pay for a theme or an app unless I need it for work. Go figure the only apps that I could download for work are in the $30 range and not worth it for me.
    09-04-10 12:44 PM
    I refuse to pay for apps. I always download the freeware version of apps. I don't see any reason to pay for a theme or an app unless I need it for work. Go figure the only apps that I could download for work are in the $30 range and not worth it for me.
    I've owned an ipod Touch for over 2 years, and a storm for about 8 months. I've never bought an app. But I've installed lots of free apps on the touch, and enough on my Storm2 to do what I want. So many apps are crap anyway, I don't see the point. Also, I'm not even remotely interested in themes--my phone is a PHONE--not a work of art.
    09-04-10 12:48 PM
    I've owned an ipod Touch for over 2 years, and a storm for about 8 months. I've never bought an app. But I've installed lots of free apps on the touch, and enough on my Storm2 to do what I want. So many apps are crap anyway, I don't see the point. Also, I'm not even remotely interested in themes--my phone is a PHONE--not a work of art.
    Some themes add to ease of use and not just visual pleasure. I can't seem to drag myself away from the DroidSlide theme because it makes accessing things so much quicker.

Just because so many of the apps were not well created, there isn't reason to purchase any app? That doesn't make too much sense.
    09-04-10 12:54 PM
    $5 on QuickLaunch, that's it.
    09-04-10 01:17 PM
    What about the apps that have been purchased for OS5 that will be useless on OS6? SmartBCalendar, most if not all of the themes...

09-04-10 01:20 PM
    I usually find for every paid useful app there is a better free version.
    09-04-10 01:26 PM
    $5 on QuickLaunch, that's it.
    You would consider the $5 on QL wasted money?!

I strongly disagree. QL is great.
    09-04-10 01:31 PM
    You would consider the $5 on QL wasted money?!

I strongly disagree. QL is great.
    That's about the best app there is, a bit difficult to change from one device to another but the best app for bb in my opinion.

09-04-10 01:38 PM
    Some themes add to ease of use and not just visual pleasure. I can't seem to drag myself away from the DroidSlide theme because it makes accessing things so much quicker.

Just because so many of the apps were not well created, there isn't reason to purchase any app? That doesn't make too much sense.
    ah, it makes sense to me--there are no apps I want to buy. How is that hard to understand? I like spinach. maybe you don't. different strokes. jeez.
    09-04-10 02:57 PM
    Let me ask all you app-lovers out there--how come you don't have a jesus phone or Droid? there are LOTS more apps out there than the paltry lineup for BB's.
    09-04-10 02:59 PM
    Only $6 wasted on two apps that I don't use anymore. I only have 3 apps that I've paid for and no themes.
    09-04-10 03:50 PM
    I'm at $0.00, I've never bought an app.
    09-04-10 04:01 PM
    The only app I've paid for was Berrybuzz and I don't consider it a waste of money.

09-04-10 04:30 PM
    ah, it makes sense to me--there are no apps I want to buy. How is that hard to understand? I like spinach. maybe you don't. different strokes. jeez.
    I definitely understand different strokes for different folks.. But you said "So many apps are crap anyway, I don't see the point."

THAT doesn't make much sense to me.. Just because the majority of apps are crap doesn't mean there aren't good ones.

Let me ask all you app-lovers out there--how come you don't have a jesus phone or Droid? there are LOTS more apps out there than the paltry lineup for BB's.
    Because I don't like stupid apps for annoying people or having people choose what I do before I die. I prefer productive ones. Blackberry offers these plus many other features I prefer.
    09-04-10 05:07 PM
    I have purchased one theme a while back for my then 8830 - there weren't many free themes for that device.

I've since only gone with free themes on the Tour and now the Bold. I have purchased and beta-acquired quite a number of apps. Many are still used but a few have fallen by the wayside.
    09-04-10 05:29 PM
    I definitely understand different strokes for different folks.. But you said "So many apps are crap anyway, I don't see the point."

THAT doesn't make much sense to me.. Just because the majority of apps are crap doesn't mean there aren't good ones.

Because I don't like stupid apps for annoying people or having people choose what I do before I die. I prefer productive ones. Blackberry offers these plus many other features I prefer.
    You are absolutely correct--some apps surely aren't "crap". OTOH, many free apps happen to do JUST what I want, such as Pandora, Kindle, Google Maps, Google Mobile App, Google Sync, Bloomberg, ScanLife, Dragon for Email. I'm sure you don't have anything against free apps, do you?
    09-04-10 05:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD