Not that much love here in the netherlands seeing that europe is in that spot on the world that's not Supported by blackberry app WORLD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 02:12 AM
    I'm on vodafone in the UK and I'm getting an error saying:
    'Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. Contact your service provider for more details.'

Piece of s**t.
    Last edited by ukmgranger; 04-01-09 at 02:22 AM.
    04-01-09 02:14 AM
    Couldn't get anything to actually install. Got some cryptic "could not install" error. App Center gets 'nah' from me. Is this an alpha release?
    04-01-09 02:17 AM
    Overall I am pretty content with the initial App world. I am sure that it will only get better from here. I would like to see more separation in the apps based on phone and maybe eventually it will transform into a one stop shop for OS and desktop software?
    04-01-09 02:17 AM
    Haha by 'Storm Optimized' do you mean a section with apps under 50kb each? I already got the 'available app memory below 5.0mb' warning after only installing 2 apps. this is turning out to be a nightmare for Storm owners. Going to have be be VERY selective about which you like and which you don't. Not going to be very conducive to actually paying $$$ for apps that might not be able to install due to NO memory.
    Hah no but you do have a point I meant more along the lines of specific Storm versions that utilize the touchscreen & surepress.
    04-01-09 02:22 AM
    AHHHH i wanna get into app world but everytime i click it it says...
    Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details
    Whats up with that?? I do have internet browsing and email - unlimited. Has anyone else had this problem?? How can i sort it?

Thanks
    04-01-09 02:24 AM
    Two words: Bla world. To get my interest they'll need to rein in the cost of future apps (some of those apps were going for $60!?!), find ways to better sort the apps (e.g. by BB model) and streamline the search/browsing experience so when the World is full of apps it doesn't take an act of creative genius or massive scrolling muscles in your thumb to find something, and perhaps most importantly -- top what we already have thanks to the app store and OTA app thread here at CB.com.

bla
    04-01-09 02:32 AM
    Try disabling compatibility mode and allow all

For Shazam if you leave it in compatibility mode and just allow all, the touch screen will work with the menu. You just have to deal with the portrait mode only with the keyboard always pulled up, and a badly calibrated touch screen area, but it will work. If you disable compatibility mode, everything will look a lot better, but the touch screen won't work at all for the menu.
    04-01-09 03:23 AM
    Don't expect too much guys. The best we're going to get out of this now is the basic design and feel of App World.

Wait till more Storm specific apps are released. I got some awesome ones I'm working on and they won't be expensive at all.
    04-01-09 03:37 AM
    good to see the app world. it works/looks pretty decent. now lets just wait for some really amazing/interesting apps...
    04-01-09 03:38 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD