BeeTagg.com offers a blackberry compatible QR Code reader that works just fine with my phone when the encoded information is an URL. I can visit the site by pressing 5.

But if I use the QR Code Generator to create a vCard bar code and then scan it with BeeTagg, I can see the encoded info (name, phone, address, etc.) on the bottom of the screen but I can'tfind a way to add the info as a new contact in my address book.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish that with BeeTagg or any other program?

P.S. I also tried NeoReader but I kept getting "photo too large" message
    10-12-09 03:17 PM
    beetagg is very barebones and glitchy. Works for my Tour about 20% of the time. All the others for BB suck (AFAIK) besides BBM 5.0, and it has limited functionality.

It's going to be several months before a decent barcode reader is out. Unless you have a Nokia or something QT codes or whatever they're called are just not popular enough outside of Japan yet.
    10-17-09 03:03 AM
    The easier way of doing it is to create the vcard and host it on a web page. Then you create the QR Code for that web page. You will need an appropriate htaccess file for the server to understand the vcard but works well.
    10-17-09 07:17 AM
    I have found BeeTagg working 95% of the time once I learned how to take the photo.

@cavingjan - Good idea. What exactly are you referring to in re the .htaccess file? Wouldn't it work without a special setup? I will try tonight and post results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 06:23 PM
    There are two discussion on vcards and what is needed in the Bold forum. One of those threads even includes the htaccess file.

Without teaching the server what a vcard is, it will only open as text.
    10-18-09 07:35 AM
    Remove the BeeTagg, install QuickMark. I had the same problem too, BeeTagg can read vcard but cannot save to contact, what a joke. QuickMark can read and can save as new contact.
    11-09-09 04:08 AM
    do you have a link for QuickMark?
    11-09-09 01:55 PM
    ummm.. it doesn't appear that QuickMark works on Blackberry.
    11-09-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD