I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 which I want to use as a PDA and play with only connected to wifi (don't going to pay for phone/data plan through AT&T).

What's the best way to install apps? When I browse to Blackberry App World and find an app, I click on "open in App World" then it says
    the item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save thie item?
    If I say yes, it saves it to a file on ...memory/home/user then says completed and thats all.

If I say no, it says unsupport media type: application/x-bb-appworld

2nd Question: When I try to install the GMAIL app, I click on "integrate now" then click "launch email setup" it says
    cannot create account: your blackberry internet service account is suspended or deactivated. please contact your wireless service provider at 800-331-0500
    09-09-10 06:39 PM
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan. And probably a voice plan, too.
    09-09-10 06:58 PM
    Motorcycle Mama is 100% correct. A Data plan is needed to even use WiFi for data, a voice plan to get a data plan.

You can still use it as a PDA, just not as a smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 07:08 PM
    You can install the apps by using a program like BBSAK to install the .cod files manually to the phone (requires connecting it to a PC with a USB cable).

But even then, not all apps are guaranteed to work without a BB plan, but some do.
    09-09-10 07:12 PM
    I'm getting this very message, the same as in the OP. Why is this? I have BIS. I've tried downloading pandora and player for youtube and got this messages when asked to open in app world. I also saw that when I go to options/applications that app world is already installed on my phone though not the latest version but I can't find the actual app anywhere. Where do I find it? Help please! Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD