After seeing Quicklaunch finally available for the 9700, I was quick to get my Bold 9000 switched over to the 9700 version through customer service. Having not used Quicklaunch for about half a year, I was having a hard time remembering how I had organized it previously.

How do the lovely people at crackberry have their quicklaunch organized? Tried doing a search on the forums for a thread like this but couldn't find any! Posting pics would be even more helpful.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by plumed; 11-24-09 at 06:59 AM.
    11-24-09 02:07 AM
    QL ~> BB button ~> Add Item ~> App ~> Choose App ~> BB button ~> Save

Repeat for each app you wish to add.
    11-24-09 02:28 AM
    QL ~> BB button ~> Add Item ~> App ~> Choose App ~> BB button ~> Save

Repeat for each app you wish to add.
    Sorry, what I meant was actually 'how have you organized your QL'...as in the programs you put, what sub-folders you have made, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 07:01 AM
    I have a couple of contacts with call and sms. Then pretty much all my apps folder like; maps, calculator, filescout, poynt, reset device and delete call log.
    I have a lot and don't bother with all the sub stuff. I do have a divider from the calls and sms and the apps.
    11-24-09 07:10 AM
    I was just thinking of making a thread like this but searched and found this.
    I have just started using it and was looking for a good way to organize things also.
    12-07-09 12:13 PM
    I have mine divided between apps and websites.

Dm
    12-07-09 12:18 PM
    got a tools folder, some contacts in a contacts folder, than my options and media, some social networking apps, than some sports apps and websites. i use the shortcuts for some of my more used apps.
    12-07-09 01:56 PM
    Is it me or are there things like Bluetooth/WiFi toggle, Flashlight, Camera Shutter, Screenshot, Battery Pull features are not available for the 9700. It seems that these functions are present for the Storm and Tour only. Before someone jumps as asking stupid questions, I did spend part of my lunch playing with QL on my 9700.
    12-07-09 02:22 PM
    i know i'm not using my QL to its fullest potential as I don't know how to use some of the functions since I didn't read any FAQs. I have most of my apps and a few websites set up and a new sms, calendar appt, etc.
    12-07-09 06:15 PM
    Is it me or are there things like Bluetooth/WiFi toggle, Flashlight, Camera Shutter, Screenshot, Battery Pull features are not available for the 9700. It seems that these functions are present for the Storm and Tour only. Before someone jumps as asking stupid questions, I did spend part of my lunch playing with QL on my 9700.
    Are you using 2.15.9 ? The latest version for 9700 has all of those features. If you're not, log into the app store and get your free upgrade :-)

12-07-09 07:48 PM
    here is how i have min set up:

Left Convenience Key activates Quick Launch

Main List:

Screen Capture
    ---------------
    BB Messenger
    Windows Messenger
    ---------------
    Facebook
    Twitter
    ---------------
    Weather
    Browser
    ---------------
    Applications (SubFolder)
    Media (SubFolder)
    System Tools (SubFolder

Applications Folder:
    Voice Dial
    Flashlight
    Calculator
    -----------
    Shazam
    DriveSafely

Media (just have music, pics and camera and that stuff in there)

System Tools:
    Device info
    Connections
    -------------
    Reboot Device
    Memory Cleaner
    Delete Call Log
    -------------
    LEDReset (3rd party app)
    Speedtest
    -------------
    Radio on/off
    wifi on/off
    bluetooth on/off

not sure i have it set up the best but i like it so far, the best part about this program is you can change it and customize it on the spot and its easy to do and you can also back it up
    12-07-09 09:15 PM
    Thanks for sharing your setups everyone.

Especially MattSpartans20 for the extra time of showing how u have yours setup, its appreciated.
    12-08-09 01:28 AM
    This may seem like a silly question, but what is the main purpose of Quicklaunch? Everyone around here seems to really dig it...

Is it just a way to organise and set all apps under one convenient key? I didnt think such a program would be needed on a blackberry which is imo already an organised device.
    12-08-09 04:50 AM
    The version that I downloaded from the CB App Store to my 9700 is 2.15.10.

12-08-09 06:08 AM
    I just checked and the version above appears to be the most current for the 9700. I will try add screenshots later today.

12-08-09 06:12 AM
    This may seem like a silly question, but what is the main purpose of Quicklaunch? Everyone around here seems to really dig it...

Is it just a way to organise and set all apps under one convenient key? I didnt think such a program would be needed on a blackberry which is imo already an organised device.
    Well, it makes life even easier by pulling up a menu that you can access all your apps from one button.

Rather than hitting the menu button scrolling to the folder or app, then launching it...you can access the shortcuts from one spot/menu.

Dm
    12-08-09 06:49 AM
    Gift, it's much faster to find with QL. I thought the same thing you did until I tried it.
    12-08-09 08:01 AM
    Great thread, thanks for posting your setups guys, im loving this app
    12-08-09 08:25 AM
    I hope they are going to fix the issue with BBM... I access apps directly from icons in the home screen but for SSM (and BBM if it becomes capable), it is much quicker to go through QL.
    12-08-09 09:06 AM
    here is how i have min set up:

Left Convenience Key activates Quick Launch

Main List:

Screen Capture
    ---------------
    BB Messenger
    Windows Messenger
    ---------------
    Facebook
    Twitter
    ---------------
    Weather
    Browser
    ---------------
    Applications (SubFolder)
    Media (SubFolder)
    System Tools (SubFolder

Applications Folder:
    Voice Dial
    Flashlight
    Calculator
    -----------
    Shazam
    DriveSafely

Media (just have music, pics and camera and that stuff in there)

System Tools:
    Device info
    Connections
    -------------
    Reboot Device
    Memory Cleaner
    Delete Call Log
    -------------
    LEDReset (3rd party app)
    Speedtest
    -------------
    Radio on/off
    wifi on/off
    bluetooth on/off

not sure i have it set up the best but i like it so far, the best part about this program is you can change it and customize it on the spot and its easy to do and you can also back it up
    Do you have any trouble accessing BBM through QL?
    12-08-09 12:02 PM
    Here is a screenshot of my menu.
    12-08-09 12:28 PM
    Do you have any trouble accessing BBM through QL?
    You don't? It brings BBM but you can't type anything nor even select people who I want to send msgs. Every time I try it, I need to reboot. I thought this was an known issue and they haven't done anyting yet... or did I miss something? If there is a way to fix it, please let me know!
    12-08-09 01:33 PM

12-08-09 01:44 PM

12-08-09 01:47 PM

12-08-09 01:58 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD