I got the paypal app working on my 9650 tonight, I had this idea for a while, but didn't know how to get my hands on the cod file, then I found a copy in an old backup folder on my computer today, and sure enough it runs flawlessly on the 9650. If you would like the cod file, send me a private message with your email address. I will try to post here, but not sure if that violates anything or not, so someone let me know and if not I will post it here.

Once you have download the cod file use BSAK to install the cod file.

Once you are done the paypal app should apprear in you downloads folder.
    Last edited by randymc2641; 06-21-10 at 11:20 PM.
    didgit likes this.
    06-21-10 11:08 PM
    I got the paypal app working on my 9650 tonight, I had this idea for a while, but didn't know how to get my hands on the cod file, then I found a copy in an old backup folder on my computer today, and sure enough it runs flawlessly on the 9650. If you would like the cod file, send me a private message with your email address. I will try to post here, but not sure if that violates anything or not, so someone let me know and if not I will post it here.

Once you have download the cod file use BSAK to install the cod file.

Once you are done the paypal app should apprear in you downloads folder.
    Please post cod. It shouldn't violate any rules as there are other apps posted. I tried getting it myself and it said that the app is not compatible. Viigo was another app not found on BB App World. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 11:13 PM
    It's attached now....enjoy
    06-21-10 11:30 PM
    What does the app do differently than the mobile web version of PayPal?

06-22-10 01:08 AM
    Just like any other app, you don't have to load the paypal site, it remembers your login, and easy to send money, check balances etc. The official PayPal app will not show up in App world for the 9650, although it's there for the other versions, this is just the way to get it on your 9650.
    06-22-10 01:24 AM
    Thanks for this. What a PIA this has been since I switched phones! Forgot all about the cod!
    Great find!
    06-22-10 11:21 AM
    Just like any other app, you don't have to load the paypal site, it remembers your login, and easy to send money, check balances etc. The official PayPal app will not show up in App world for the 9650, although it's there for the other versions, this is just the way to get it on your 9650.
    Does having this nice app on your 9650 present a risk if the phone were to be lost?
    06-22-10 11:58 AM
    Nope, you have to type your password in each time you log in, but not your email
    06-22-10 12:06 PM
    For us lightweights, what do I do to make it all happen?

I do not know what a COD file is.... and, at the same time, I am just realizing the utility of my PayPal account!

So, I download that COD file and then what?

Thanks,
    kelton
    06-22-10 12:11 PM
    The cod file is basically the file that runs on your blackberry. Here is a link to an article about BSAK, it will allow you to load the cod file to your blackberry (along with many other things like backing up 3rd party apps) once you have done that it's ready to run.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-swi...-knife-updated
    06-22-10 12:14 PM
    Very cool... that BBSAK!
    06-22-10 12:40 PM
    Does having this nice app on your 9650 present a risk if the phone were to be lost?
    Nope, you have to type your password in each time you log in, but not your email

Even with what Randy says, you can make yourself feel more at ease by getting a eBay/Paypal Secure Toekn/Key Fob.

This allows you to have "two factor" authentication....something you have and something you know.

Each time you log in, you put in your usual credentials, but then you press the button on the token and have to enter the number from there into Ebay/Paypal. The number cycles every 60 seconds and is tied to your account by an algorithm (sp).

Thus, even if someone knew your Ebay ID and password, they go nowhere without the token.

We have one and it's great. I think it cost us $5.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&...ityKey-outside

or

eBay Security Center: PayPal Security Key

Not my pic, but it gives you an idea of the size of the token
    06-22-10 02:05 PM
    Yea but what about the ebay app? That's what I'm waiting on.

06-22-10 02:08 PM
    You can use your BB to do this for free also using the Verisign VIP access app on your BB.

VeriSign Identity Protection Mobile Center - VIP Access for Mobile
    06-22-10 02:09 PM
    Yea but what about the ebay app? That's what I'm waiting on.

I'll attach the eBay app too, I am currently using the beta version (supports sellers), but will load the old one. It should be available via app world though. These might be the beta, I really don't know, they were in my backup from 6/3 so someone let me know.

Weird, paypal showed up in bb app world today, this happen for anyone else, or was it just because I installed it?

***REMOVED BECAUSE THESE WERE MY BETA eBay FILES***
    Last edited by randymc2641; 06-24-10 at 04:18 AM.
    06-22-10 03:56 PM
    The paypal app works on my 9650 without any problems.
    06-22-10 04:03 PM
    I'll attach the eBay app too, I am currently using the beta version (supports sellers), but will load the old one. It should be available via app world though. These might be the beta, I really don't know, they were in my backup from 6/3 so someone let me know.

Weird, paypal showed up in bb app world today, this happen for anyone else, or was it just because I installed it?
    Shows up for me and I didnt even install your .cod file.

Guess I wont have to use BBSAK
    06-22-10 06:15 PM
    Shows up for me and I didnt even install your .cod file.

Guess I wont have to use BBSAK
    It shows up for me in BlackBerry App World as well, but it won't allow me to download it.

06-22-10 06:19 PM
    It shows up for me in BlackBerry App World as well, but it won't allow me to download it.

I was able to download and install it.
    06-22-10 06:51 PM
    I guess Blackberry/Paypal saw my post lol It hadn't been there until today, at least for me.
    06-22-10 06:54 PM
    I guess Blackberry/Paypal saw my post lol It hadn't been there until today, at least for me.
    The # of apps on Blackberry App World on my 9650 is not the same amount as that on the web. Viigo still not showing up on App World on my phone but available on the web App World. I had to download via viigo's web link
    06-22-10 07:00 PM
    Just checked and its in mine now also!
    06-22-10 07:45 PM
    Downloaded your Ebay cods (thanks!) however when the license agreement page pops up it asks for a keycode, never seen this before, what is the keycode?
    06-23-10 12:58 PM
    sorry I will delete, because these are indeed the beta ebay files, sorry.
    06-24-10 04:16 AM
    BTW why was this moved?
    06-24-10 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD