Sorry for the newbie question, but what do you expect froma newbie?!

I'm running Google maps version 2.2.3 (#2215) on my Curve. I read today about new and improved functionality and want to update to the latest version. I also have the google mobile app on my curve and it is supposed to keep all versions current, but there seems to be no menu option to update inside it.

So.... do i just download the latest version of Google Maps and install it and it will uninstall the old version, or......?

Thanks!
    09-22-08 11:13 AM
    A quick forum search should do the trick here to find the link to get the newest version using your phone's browser. The one question I had with the "new" version of Google Maps, which branches off this topic, is I have the same version as the user above, x.x.3, but the new version is listed as x.x.1. Looks like the numbers are going backwards and this was the reason I did not download the newest version. Any insights here? Just seems confusing.
    09-22-08 11:26 AM
    I downloaded the latest google map (2.3.1) from Google.

dmahoney94, the old version was 2.2.3 and the new one is 2.3.1. The numbers are not going backwards.
    09-22-08 09:06 PM
    Well what I did was deleted the old version first then downloaded the new version. I really have no idea if it replaces and update the exisiting one but I didn't wanna get confused so I did my way. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 07:06 PM
    It does update w/e version you have installed to the current one. You won't end up with two google maps.
    09-24-08 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD