Hi,

I bought a BB torch 9800 yesterday and I think it's a pretty good phone. But I was disappointed to find that Appworld won't work because I am outside the US. It says "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country". Is there any way around this?

Note: I don't intend to purchase apps, just to download free ones.

Thanks
    11-20-10 02:31 AM
    it should be i get it ok in scotland on both vodafone and now orange on my torch delete it and try again ? however to be honest there are not many quality themes yet for the torch good luck
    11-20-10 03:09 AM
    Hi,

I bought a BB torch 9800 yesterday and I think it's a pretty good phone. But I was disappointed to find that Appworld won't work because I am outside the US. It says "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country". Is there any way around this?

Thanks
    You need to install the service books for a blackberry device that is supported by your cellular service. Do you have an older blackberry device that worked fine on your service provider? and which carrier are you using?
    11-20-10 02:46 PM
    it should be i get it ok in scotland on both vodafone and now orange on my torch delete it and try again ? however to be honest there are not many quality themes yet for the torch good luck

Tbh i don't really want to delete it because I don't know how to install it again

You need to install the service books for a blackberry device that is supported by your cellular service. Do you have an older blackberry device that worked fine on your service provider? and which carrier are you using?
    I don't know what service books are ..Nope, this is my first blackberry. My carrier is STC (Saudi Telecom).

Thanks for the help
    11-20-10 03:52 PM
    Any suggestions, anyone ?
    11-21-10 06:06 AM
    If it's not available in your country, there's no work around.

You will need to find the applications you want from other sources.
    11-21-10 06:36 AM
    What about the crackberry store?
    11-21-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD