How to fix endless reboot problem of Blackberry OS 6 after you installed a new app.

I've tried this fix for five times now (BB Torch 9800 & BB Bold 9700 with OS 6), and would like to share this to all bb users who don't want to wipe their BB and the hassle of downloading/registering apps all over again.

Note: This fix works on OS 6 BB which reboots after 60-70% boot load. And if you can't get your BB to SAFE MODE
    Ensure you have either no OS installed on your PC, or the same OS your phone currently has installed.

Step 1 - Run loader.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Step 2 - Connect BB to the PC using USB data cable. Let it boot

Step 3
    - Click Next (as soon as your BB is detected and boot load is about 10 % or more)

Step 4 - Wait for it to connect to JVM

Step 5 - Select the recently installed app that may have caused the problem.

Step 6 - WARNING! here's the important part. it may take a while for you to locate the app and the BB might reboot again. So, don't be hasty and only click FINISH when the BB reboots again and loading bar reaches at least 10 %.

Step 7 - Just wait for BB to automatically reboot. Count to ten(no relation whatsover. )
    Last edited by kyppeter; 02-06-12 at 05:53 AM.
    02-06-12 03:02 AM
    i love the graphic steps we should try to do this more...
    kyppeter likes this.
    02-14-12 09:37 PM
    Great job, I've had to do this before, but this is even more clear. Happened to me on Torch 9800 after BBM upgrade.
    kyppeter likes this.
    02-21-12 10:38 PM
    thanks! btw a warning by BigBadWulf (I can't edit my post yet because I need 10 post)

UPDATE: A WARNING BY BigBadWulf (Forums Moderator)
    "Very nice pictorial how-to of what I described. May I suggest an edit, warning not to have an OS other than what's installed on the phone, installed on the PC. - BigBadWulf"
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-22-12 07:07 AM
    You've sold me!!! I installed the new FB 3.0 Beta, and my 9800 went into a continuous loop for the first time ever with a beta. I posted on the BB Beta site, and got no answers last night. I slept on it....came here this morning....and thank to you, i'm up and running after only 20 minutes. THANK YOU for saving the day!!!
    02-23-12 06:11 AM
    I would expect this to work on any OS.
    02-23-12 10:45 AM
    Argh..just happened to me again after trying the Google + App which gave me a Java error...tried to delete, and back to continues loop.
    02-23-12 09:19 PM
    Very cool answer... Thank you for posting!

Sadly this did not work for me. I removed one at a time in reverse order 10 of the apps I have either most recently installed or updated but am still stuck in endless reboot on my 9800 at between 75 and 85% progress. I expect I am left with no choice but to do a full OS reinstall. I think this happened when I tried to reinstall Windows Live Messenger but I never got to the point of a full install when it started to do the reboot loop. Makes me wonder if some of the componants were installed but not the whole program because it did not show up in the app list in the Loader program. Any thoughts on how to locate any remamnts of the Live Messenger program? This is the first major issue I have had with this phone in a year. I would hate to think it is not fixable.

This is one of the best posts I have seen on this forum. Thank you again.

KK
    02-24-12 01:57 PM
    I had to do this twice because the exe file became non-responsive. It worked like a charm and I'm back in business. Mahalo Nui!
    06-02-12 06:25 PM
    Still on auto-reboot loop, but interesting to see I had the same problem and yesterday too (22 Feb) with downloading the fb app through their mobile site.
    02-25-13 02:49 AM
    I had to re-login to my account on this site which I haven't used in ages just to confirm that this works and say thanks.

Saved me the hassle of having to go through whatever HELL it will take to "Format" and wipe the blackberry and freshly install the OS.
    07-25-13 03:30 PM
    guys can somebody help me, i desperate, i did everything as it said on the how-to, but in the final part od the update my blackberry just reboot and i get a connection failed, i've tried everything but it keeps happening
    10-22-13 08:38 PM
    You Guys are too Good .... I got My problem Fixed Using Steps Provided !!!!
    Bravo !!!!! :-) :-) :-)
    Thanks a Ton
    Vikas
    03-14-14 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD