I've been having issues with my phone and Verizon suggested an exchange. But I was wondering, all the apps I've installed on my phone use the phone's PIN #. Is there any easy way to migrate apps from one phone to another without having to "get permission" from each app vendor?

Thanks,
    Bert
    05-20-09 07:14 AM
    change your pin in your software store account... and it should notifiy developers for new codes, i thought.
    05-20-09 07:26 AM
    Easiest if you can have both devices at your PC. Then you can do a device switch with the Desktop Manager. But VZW would not do this for me, so I had to do it the long way. Follow this link. CX does a great job of telling you how. But you'll want to do this part BEFORE you get a new device from the VZW store.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    05-20-09 07:45 AM
    Easiest if you can have both devices at your PC. Then you can do a device switch with the Desktop Manager. But VZW would not do this for me, so I had to do it the long way. Follow this link. CX does a great job of telling you how. But you'll want to do this part BEFORE you get a new device from the VZW store.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    Interesting procedure. I did check out rrudeboy's post about being able to change the pin in the Crackberry store - it appears you can, so then you can download the apps again with the new pin.

Backing up the apps using DM will back them up with the OLD pin though, so is this really useful?

bert
    05-20-09 07:53 AM
    *SNIP*
    Backing up the apps using DM will back them up with the OLD pin though, so is this really useful?

bert
    wondering the same thing...
    05-20-09 08:12 AM
    Yeah that is still useful. You will just need to get need codes from the developers. That can be done from "my account" in the software store your bought the app in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:56 AM
    Yeah that is still useful. You will just need to get need codes from the developers. That can be done from "my account" in the software store your bought the app in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    each time I dl a app that has a code I save the e-mail to my pc. That way if I need it I can forward to my Storm and use it again. Works every time.
    05-20-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD