i know it's not opera mini's fault but surfing the web is tedious work, having to zoom in to read it. is there a better way?
    01-28-08 01:34 AM
    I think its okayyy - it's a lotbetter then the original BB browser for looking at blogs/forums.

What I dislike is the text input for it - how you go about typing in links, search queries, whatever.
    01-28-08 01:57 AM
    I really like Opera. But I hope new BB browser will be more like Safari for iPhone or S60...
    01-28-08 03:45 AM
    I like opera better. It does much better than native phone browsers, and you can sync all your bookmarks. I have it on my Nextel i580 and it does so much better than the built in phone browser. I have loaded it onto a bunch of friends BBs and they love it compared to the BB browser.
    01-28-08 07:37 AM
    I would have to say that opera mini is really useful and far better than the BB browser.
    01-28-08 07:52 AM
    I tried Opera mini a couple of times, but I just didn't like it. The default BB browser works just fine for me. I have the homepage set to Google and can go anywhere from there.
    01-28-08 11:52 AM
    OM4 is great, but I'm anxiously waiting for SkyFire to get out of beta. Hopefully they will make it for BB as well as Windows.
    01-28-08 01:55 PM
    opera rocks if you dont want to wear out your track ball from scrolling down it wears out my thumb too
    01-28-08 01:59 PM
    I got a question about opera mini... I was on it today, and I tried downloading something off blueapple.mobi and it tried opening my BB browser and didnt work since I dont have an 'unlimited data plan' (with rogers your able to use the opera mini to gain access to the browser).

My question is, is there an option to change to make opera the default browser, or at least an option where I can download from the opera mini browser
    01-29-08 03:03 PM
    In regards to the earlier question about not wanting to zoom in, checking off mobile view in settings seems to work for that.
    01-30-08 11:16 AM
    I find it okay but a bit tedious to zoom into pages and then scroll around. I actually use the BB browser more, being text based it's fast and seems to work on most sites. I have even browsed these forums using the BB browser.
    01-31-08 07:20 AM
    I toggle between both om4 and bb browser, for me it all depends on what I'm viewing, for sites like crackberry I stick to my bb, but for things like google I use opera. Also no one answered the ??? about making opera the default browser, is it possible and if so how can I do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-08 07:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure RIM does not allow BB users the choice to make any third party browser the default browser.
    01-31-08 07:48 AM
    I find it okay but a bit tedious to zoom into pages and then scroll around. I actually use the BB browser more, being text based it's fast and seems to work on most sites. I have even browsed these forums using the BB browser.
    You can press "1" and select mobile view for a one-column view of a page which requires neither excessive scrolling nor zooming. Alternatively, you can press "#8" to go into the settings and select mobile view.
    01-31-08 08:25 AM
    If u don't want to use the trackball to scroll around u can use the number keys... That's what I use. 2 up 8 down 4 left 6 right. So the only thing I don't like about OM4 is that u can't highlight text n copy it like in the bb browser
    01-31-08 08:28 AM
    I am using opera 4, and i notice when i go to crackberry the words are all jumbled together. Is there a way to stop this? Just the titles are jumbled together but i can read the blog, but not any of the titles. using a 8300 curve

thanks
    01-31-08 11:26 AM
    I also wish that you could save images and use the shortcuts that are built into the bb browser. I like that while inputing a url that space does it automatically.
    01-31-08 02:26 PM
    I know I am going to sound stupid (and considering I am a BB newbie, I might actually BE stupid), but... what's the big deal with Opera Mini? I downloaded to my new 8310 and seems to work OK, but I find it extremely tedious to use. I like the installed BB Browser better.

The sad part is that I really wanted to like it (if you know what I mean); I got all excited about Opera Mini while browsing these BB forums prior acquiring my first BB, and now that I have it I am like 'blah - what's the big deal'
    01-31-08 03:02 PM
    I dont find that much of a difference, I think I like the BB browser more (but with my plan im unable to use it). I find it a pain to not being able to select text, typing text fields in a whole thing then submitting it, scrolling per page is annoying.

However the only ting I do like is that it zooms out on full size webpages, and it has a cursor.
    01-31-08 03:05 PM
    actually the bb browser has a cursor, u just have to go to option, general properties n chose desktop for defualt view when u press menu in the bb browser. but i tried it n dont like how the page is. if u want the cursor stick with OM4
    01-31-08 03:34 PM
    If you switch the BB browser to desktop view it has a cursor like opera.

I prefer the rendering stuff in opera, but it's slower than my BB browser and I normally stick to WAP sites, I don't need that nice blinking stuff all the time
    02-01-08 07:12 AM
    i dont like opera because you cant really multitask with it its not that easy to switch applications with using it.
    03-21-08 12:31 PM
    Love opera. Any site that renders poorly or doesn't have a mobile version I open in om4. Its a great browser for that for sure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD