I want to turn it off b/c the thermometer icon on the homescreen is replaced by that triangle advisory icon and find it annoying not knowing the temp when I turn on my Tour.

I've tried everything from setting the advisory interval to never update and deslect all weather advisory notification to not display them.

Am I missing something here? How do I turn them off and just display the temp thermometer on the homescreen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by noized77; 12-09-09 at 08:36 AM.
    12-09-09 08:32 AM
    I want to turn it off b/c the thermometer icon on the homescreen is replaced by that triangle advisory icon and find it annoying not knowing the temp when I turn on my Tour.

I've tried everything from setting the advisory interval to never update and deslect all weather advisory notification to not display them.

Am I missing something here? How do I turn them off and just display the temp thermometer on the homescreen?

So you did go to in the settings to the homescreen icon page and tick the box beside where it says "hide advisory badge after acknowledgement" ?
    12-09-09 08:40 AM
    I did that and it still shows the advisory icon. That setting only works for badges, not the little small notification icon like how you get for messages,email,BBM,etc.

12-09-09 09:13 AM
    I'm using 1.6 (same in 1.5, not sure about 2.0), but there is a section in settings called 'Weather Advisories,' unchecking both 'Notify on New Advisory' and 'Notify for Home Location Only' should eliminate the triangle notifications of new advisories. You will still get weather advisories update on the weather icon.
    12-09-09 11:50 AM
    having same issues on 2.0. I shut all off advisories in settings. even unchecked all filters. Still get an avg of 4 advisories an hour. Very annoying
    12-09-09 12:05 PM
    yea, i think it's a bug....i have the same issue with 2.0 and have unchecked like 3 different things and it still shows up. looks like they have a forum where this can be discussed and hopefully fixed: Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps
    12-09-09 12:35 PM
    Same issue here. Who is obsessed enough to want push updates for weather advisories!?
    12-09-09 12:37 PM
    Ok, I'm not the only person and thought it was user error on my part. For a $10.00 apps, this is BS and I hope a fix is forth coming. How can they let something this simple and easy to test slip through the crack and have us pay that much?

12-09-09 12:44 PM
    Yes this is beyond annoying. I couldn't agree more with the person that said for a $10 app this is BS. I downloaded the trial and at first was seriously considering purchasing the app, but after the notification bug AND the inability to update the home screen icon on the Storm2...this thing is getting WIPED after day #3. I wouldn't be $1 for an app with this many flaws...
    12-09-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD