Good afternoon everyone. My question how do I completely remove the icons of programs I have deleted from my downloads folder? I'm kind of a neat freak and I want to delete icons that are not in use. Any help is appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 12:56 PM
    What is the icon... by the way, some icons are pushed to your BB via the Provider (namely T-Mobile, AT&T, etc, etc...)... if they are not in your Options > Advanced Options > Applications... then just hide the icons.
    09-25-09 01:56 PM
    Do you mean in the myworld/downloads in BB App World?
    09-25-09 02:26 PM
    I had the same problem today, did a search and found that you need to delete them from appworld. It will (Archived) the apps..good luck
    09-25-09 02:26 PM
    Ok @BBjonjon yea, that's what I'm talking about. Ill delete them from appworld

09-25-09 03:13 PM
    Would help if you explained it a little clearer
    09-25-09 03:31 PM
    Yea how do u get rid of the app icons u got from BB App World? Why r they archiving now? Its sooo anoying!!!

09-26-09 07:10 AM
    Yea how do u get rid of the app icons u got from BB App World? Why r they archiving now? Its sooo anoying!!!

Go into AppWorld, Scroll across to "My World" and find your app, hit the Blackberry key, and then select "Delete"

(First Post !..)
    10-04-09 10:43 PM
    I'm running into the same problem as you are, dcole302.

I am running the latest App World V.1.1.0.19 (the glitchy one where the prices are all in Euros). I've deleted the programs and it shows up as being archived in the "My World" tab with the programs archived in my "Downloads" folder.

The only way I can remove the archived icons is by completely uninstalling App World. But when I reinstall App World, the icons show up again. I suspect that there is file hidden somewhere on the BB device which logs all applications that users can't modify.
    10-05-09 06:47 PM
    I have a different issue, every app that I've downloaded and am still running are archived in my Download folder. New BBM, WLM 2.5, Ka-Glom, Shazam, Poynt, etc. all are showing as archived in "My World" and the Download folder.
    I tried updating to 1.1.0.20 and after the installation reboot they disappeared but are now back. I can't see any way of deleting them from the folder. Anybody else having this issue? Getting kind of frustrating.

Ok and now when I plug it into the computer and go through my media card, all these programs have folders when I dig through the app_world folder. Should these be here if they're already installed on the phone or can I delete them?
    Last edited by kb2755; 10-09-09 at 08:39 AM.
    10-09-09 08:33 AM
    I have a different issue, every app that I've downloaded and am still running are archived in my Download folder. New BBM, WLM 2.5, Ka-Glom, Shazam, Poynt, etc. all are showing as archived in "My World" and the Download folder.
    I tried updating to 1.1.0.20 and after the installation reboot they disappeared but are now back. I can't see any way of deleting them from the folder. Anybody else having this issue? Getting kind of frustrating.

Ok and now when I plug it into the computer and go through my media card, all these programs have folders when I dig through the app_world folder. Should these be here if they're already installed on the phone or can I delete them?

I am having the same problem. At first it was just pandora. I updated pandora and when i did I ended up with two icons, one for the new version and the other for the old archived version.

Today i updated my phone from .206 to .231. After updating everything now shows up twice. Once is the app the other is the app archived. I am also unable to delete apps in appworld. I select delete and nothing happens.

The only way i can get rid of then is to delete them by going to settings>Options>Advanced Options>Applications however the archived version is still there!

If I delete appworld the archives go away but come back as soon as I reinstall

HELP! I can't find anything on crackberry
    10-17-09 01:32 AM
    I have the same problem too. I can't even delete the archived icons from appworld. All the apps that are archived are appearing on my home screen and hiding them is the only way to remove them from the screen

help pls
    10-17-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD