I just got a Bold 9650 fro VZW and am getting to know the thing. I like it so far, but cant seem to get the weather to show up on my home screen by the ****. In the thread where people are posting shots of their home screens and themes I see it quite a bit. Is there an app I need to download to get my weather to show up by the clock? Or is it in the settings somewhere?

Thanks
    05-14-11 11:42 AM
    I just got a Bold 9650 fro VZW and am getting to know the thing. I like it so far, but cant seem to get the weather to show up on my home screen by the ****. In the thread where people are posting shots of their home screens and themes I see it quite a bit. Is there an app I need to download to get my weather to show up by the clock? Or is it in the settings somewhere?

Thanks
    Most people use berry weather to do this. The best bb weather app imo. You can also download a theme that has a weather slot. Not as satisfying tho, imo. Try the berry weather trial, you'll end up buying it.
    05-14-11 01:09 PM
    Unless they changed their policy . . . Berry Weather has two versions. One is totally free and allows the tracking of 4 locations.

The other is the paid version with more options like tracking 10 locations.

So you can you use the free version as long as you want. I don't think it's a "trial" version.

I too finally bought the paid version because I trailer my boat to different places each weekend and head to the area that has less wind and more sun!
    Berry Weather also allows me to track the current weather radar where I'm boating for oncoming storms.

Note: even without Berry Weather anyone with a browser can also go directly to a site like: www.radar.weather.gov/radar and click on a blue ball near your area to view your current radar

I tried several of the other weather programs for the BB and I too agree with the other poster that Berry Weather is my favorite for the free or paid versions of Berry Weather. Just go to appworld and download the free version to start (watch for 1/2 price sales too). I think the paid version is cheaper from Mobihand though.

You don't need a theme with BW and can use one of the 6 icons on your desktop to display weather. Or I think to also display the current temp on another area of your destop you need the paid version. I keep mine on the bottom right. If the weather changes, like if the sun ever comes out again where I am the pic changes to the sun with the temp.
    Last edited by expidia; 05-16-11 at 07:52 AM.
    05-16-11 07:38 AM
    berryweather allows you to put its own icon on your wallpaper and move it around where you want it. also, some themes have a "weather slot" which is a dedicated spot on the top of the screen for this icon to sit in.
    05-16-11 08:10 AM
    There is a free 3-day trial for the paid version of BerryWeather (BeWeather) which has many more features than the totally free version of BerryWeather (BeWeather Free) which is limited to only 3 locations. Many themes have a weather slot for displaying the weather information from BW on the homescreen or in a notification bar or similar. The paid version of BW also lets you set your current weather as your homescreen wallpaper as well as set some other weather info on your homescreen. It is a great app and well worth paying for IMO. Watch for the paid version to go on sale or get a mobihand software coupon in the CB coupons forums.
    05-16-11 01:50 PM
    Agree with the above. Berry Weather is simple and works.

I did use the back ground wallpaper part of the app for a bit, but with OS6 it added to much to the screen. So I just stick with an updating icon.
    05-16-11 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD