blackberry 8350 came with apps/games such as how to be a millionaire and cash cab, I don't want them on the blackberry. anyone know how to completely delete them?
    02-05-11 07:56 PM
    you can not delete them, you can only hide them or throw them in a folder and then hide that folder.
    blackberrybear22 likes this.
    02-05-11 08:03 PM
    Try going to Options > Applications. In the drop down menu go to Add-ons. Find the app you want to delete. Select it and delete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 09:01 PM
    Try going to Options > Applications. In the drop down menu go to Add-ons. Find the app you want to delete. Select it and delete it.

As said in the previous post, you cannot permanently delete preinstalled apps. They just get pushed back to the phone by the carrier. Dump them in a folder, hide it and forget about them.

02-05-11 10:44 PM
    BTW they are not apps, they are just shortcuts
    02-05-11 10:51 PM
    They are download links. They take up very little memory and as stated in earlier posts, the service books if deleted will return the next time you reboot the bb. If you are extremely ocd they can be removed permanently by first downloading the full app. Then deleting it from your Applications in Menu/Options. The service books do not return this way. But it is too much work for too little gain. Create a new folder, label it Trash and put all of them in it and hide the folder, then forget it exists.

02-05-11 11:21 PM
    As said in the previous post, you cannot permanently delete preinstalled apps. They just get pushed back to the phone by the carrier. Dump them in a folder, hide it and forget about them.

I read the previous post but my experience was different. I was able to delete several apps that were installed by the carrier. Perhaps it depends upon the carrier. I have Vigin Mobile. I was able to delete all the carrier installed games that I don't use (e.g. Texas Holdem and Word Mole).
    02-06-11 12:41 PM
    They'll come back after you pull the battery or the phone reboots.

02-06-11 01:16 PM
    It is possible they won't return if they were fully active apps and not download links.

02-06-11 01:20 PM
    I was able to delete all the carrier installed games that I don't use (e.g. Texas Holdem and Word Mole).
    I think those are standard Blackberry games/shortcuts to download.
    Because I've had those on all of my previous BBs, and I'm on VZW.

Word Mole, and Brick Breaker are already installed but the rest are download links/demos.
    02-06-11 01:35 PM
    They'll come back after you pull the battery or the phone reboots.

Yet again, I can only tell you my experience. Even after multiple battery pulls the Service Providers apps have remained deleted. I'd like to here from BlackberryBear22. If it works for him, great. If it doesn't work and the apps return, then he only wasted a few minutes of his time.
    02-06-11 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD