I am a newbie and I want to delete facebook from my BB as it drains my battery. how do i do this. Thanks
    10-26-08 02:38 PM
    Options > Advanced > Applications > scroll to it and menu, delete.
    Karli631 likes this.
    10-26-08 02:45 PM
    Then likely reboot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-08 02:46 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Berry me's instructions works for some applications, but there are quite a few things that it does not find and delete.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-26-08 02:47 PM
    True, you may need to use DM, but I've never run into anything I couldn't get from the app list.
    10-26-08 02:48 PM
    All core applications like Facebook must be deleted through DM as Reed (the person who wrote the memory optimization guide in Berry's sig) says.

10-26-08 04:12 PM
    All core applications like Facebook must be deleted through DM as Reed (the person who wrote the memory optimization guide in Berry's sig) says.

Thanks for pointing that out exelant...I didn't know because I don't use Facebook.
    10-26-08 04:14 PM
    I don't either, lol, it's just another app I keep forgetting to delete when I'm using DM! One of these days I will do the whole optimization guide.
    10-26-08 04:20 PM
    Ha ha.. I hover around 35 file free so I actually stopped near the top of the guide. It comes up so often though, I thought I'd put it in my signature. Maybe I'll try the whole thing one day!
    10-26-08 04:26 PM
    With several optional apps installed, my CB hovers around 43mb free, thanks for the guide!
    10-26-08 05:03 PM
    With several optional apps installed, my CB hovers around 43mb free, thanks for the guide!
    You CDMA users aren't allowed to brag . The rest of the curve world gets by with much less file free memory.
    Last edited by exelant; 10-26-08 at 05:18 PM.
    10-26-08 05:16 PM
    I'm with VZW and to delete facebook its a app pushed through from the service books as I was trying to find that app the first day I got my phone and switched over but it was not listed in the apps after goin to advanced options - app list. I read and stumbled that is it in Options- advanced options- service books and from there you can remove the app. Others have said you just need to delete it now and them since its pushed through by the carrier.

So I can't say im floating about 44mg and I'm still new and as the weeks go by Ill be sure ill still find more apps or find some other adjustment on my 8330 :P

(lovely when you spend time to read a few weeks befor wanting to know yesterday)
    10-27-08 06:22 AM
    I started on Reeds guide but only made it a little ways into it before I stopped because I was happy with my free mem... Wow 44 mb free. I think I might have to read further down that guide. Reeds guide is a must read for any user though. Thank you Reed.
    10-27-08 08:20 AM
    thank you as I am new to this too and I wanted to remove some ebook programs that were supposed to be great but fell short of even being called bad!
    09-04-09 12:56 PM
    I started on Reeds guide but only made it a little ways into it before I stopped because I was happy with my free mem... Wow 44 mb free. I think I might have to read further down that guide. Reeds guide is a must read for any user though. Thank you Reed.
    It might seem a moot point but I got rid of all but one of my RIM themes as I use none of them and got back a chunk of mem but I can't say how much for sure because I didn't do a before and after count.

04-13-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD